• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wolf's Rain on AS

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xberserkx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:52 am Reply with quote
Ok I just wanted to know something, are there any censored scenes or scenes that were removed from wolf's rain on Adult Swim? Because its gonna be aired on weekdays in November so I was planning to watch it, but I don't want to watch a version thats super censored or anything. And if it is censored are there any big importent parts that were removed that would just ruin the whole series? thanks, oh and no spoilers please..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:10 am Reply with quote
From what I've seen on Adult Swim, it looked like very little was edited, aside from the Opening and Ending credits. I did hear they might have edited something in the OAV episodes or something, but I missed one of them Anime catgrin + sweatdrop.

But basically, yeah, it's pretty much uncut with blood and all. Wink

And do watch it, it's a pretty good series.

Last edited by Tony K. on Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
dubbs2615

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quote
also,its not very hard to understand.I saw the i think fifth episode and i knew what was going on from the get go.I mean,i have seen the oes before that,but that was before i ssaw the fifth.so all in all its not an incredibly hard concept.

Dubbs2615
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Could anyone just tell to me what should be censored from Wolf's Rain? There's just a bit of blood here and there, but nothing else. But it's supposed that people who will watch it it's mature enough...

I think some companies are getting insane with censoring. Sometimes, it happen that hey censor some scenes that they're needed to watch to understand how an anime continues...
emory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:19 pm Reply with quote
xberserkx wrote:
Ok I just wanted to know something, are there any censored scenes or scenes that were removed from wolf's rain on Adult Swim? Because its gonna be aired on weekdays in November so I was planning to watch it, but I don't want to watch a version thats super censored or anything. And if it is censored are there any big importent parts that were removed that would just ruin the whole series? thanks, oh and no spoilers please..

There are some time cuts in the OAV to bring them down into the 22 minute range. OAVs tend to be longer due to being released straight to video and not having to deal with a commercial format.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Wolf's Rain, can anyone tell me if the end of the last episode, as it was broadcast on CN this past Saturday night, was chopped off? It was a good last episode, but seemed to end in the middle of a scene with spoiler[Kiba, seen from behind, running down the street in the city in the new world after most of the other regular cast members had been shown briefly.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Speaking of Wolf's Rain, can anyone tell me if the end of the last episode, as it was broadcast on CN this past Saturday night, was chopped off?

I believe it was. The end theme was supposed to be "Stray" by Steve Conte instead of "Gravity" and the typical end sequence.
CN probably wanted to save time so they decided to cut it out.
It's going to appear when the episodes come out on DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jet set radio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:22 pm Reply with quote
i was confused about the can someone explain to me Confused .
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:54 pm Reply with quote
SekiGatha wrote:
Key wrote:
Speaking of Wolf's Rain, can anyone tell me if the end of the last episode, as it was broadcast on CN this past Saturday night, was chopped off?

I believe it was. The end theme was supposed to be "Stray" by Steve Conte instead of "Gravity" and the typical end sequence.
CN probably wanted to save time so they decided to cut it out.
It's going to appear when the episodes come out on DVD.

So the closer was the only thing that was different, then? Or were there follow-up scenes as the closer was playing? (I've seen this done in other anime series.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
duo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:36 am Reply with quote
from what I've read on a Wolf's Rain forum, CN cut the opening and ending credits of the finale, the opening credits are gone completely (I don't think I've ever seen opening credits for any episode) and they replaced the finale's special ending credits with the standard ending credits/song. Supposedly the finale's real opening and ending credits help explain the ending.

I'm looking forward to them airing the series nightly, so that I can watch it from the beginning -- I got into it late in the game, about 1/2-2/3 of the way through the series.

Last edited by duo on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quote
i read that they didn't show episodes 15-18 which were episodes that recapped what had happened from the perspective of the different characters.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:51 am Reply with quote
Yes, they are. Hige, Toboe and Tsume explain a bit about their feellings since they started this travel. It does appear in my DVD's, thought.
Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Speaking of Wolf's Rain, can anyone tell me if the end of the last episode, as it was broadcast on CN this past Saturday night, was chopped off? It was a good last episode, but seemed to end in the middle of a scene with spoiler[Kiba, seen from behind, running down the street in the city in the new world after most of the other regular cast members had been shown briefly.]

My best guess:

spoiler[According to Cheza, Kiba did finally succeed in opening paradise, allowing everyone a second chance at the life that was so cruelly taken from them. Unfortunately, the blackness emanating from Darcia's eye suggests that will include him too. The whole mess is going to start again, and the process will repeat over and over unless and until Darcia can be taken out of the equation.]
Again, that's just my humble take on it.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you that spoiler[it will start all over again.]
Also does anybody else think that Jagura's mask looks almost the same as the one that Iron Mask wears in Mobile Suit Gundam F91?
panda_kawaii3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:48 pm Reply with quote
that show was really confusing, but i liked wolves so i watceh it anyway
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2