• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your And My Secret question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalia555

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I am having a hard time figuring out if Your And My Secret is shounen or shoujo. On one hand, it is written by an artist who does mostly shoujo work, on the other hand it is printed in a magazine that seems to print exclusivly shonen work. Could you please help me.
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:01 pm Reply with quote
It is shojo, or so I think. I mean, all that stuff is clearly there for girls. Would guys exactly understand that portion about the girl having her period? I think not. But the company doesn't really matter. It's published by CPM, right? I've seen shojo titles from them.

Last edited by xjadedragon750x on Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Your and My Secret is licensed by ADV Manga.

And it's nice gender-bending shoujo goodness.
animalia555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Never mind; I found an answer here http://www.japan-manga.jp/index.jsp?ShowMode=Category&CategoryID=51 looks like we were decieved. Ths and the fact that authors change thier target much more often, and more easilly, then magazines do, and as previously said it was published in a boy's magazine, lead me to conclude that it is shounen.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quote
However, if you do a Google search Ai Morinaga's Duck Prince and Your and My Secret come up as shoujo manga on several sites.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I loved Your and My Secret but ADVmanga hasn't released the second volume yet. I wrote and complained to the company a short while ago. Please write them too!
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:11 pm Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:
I loved Your and My Secret but ADVmanga hasn't released the second volume yet. I wrote and complained to the company a short while ago. Please write them too!

Writing and complaining to them won't work. Unlike Tokyopo, It looks like they're releaseing manga based on how popular the series is. I know Chrno Crusade & Full Metal Panic is being released faster than most of the other title. Still no release date on Kagerou and it's been several month already.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:34 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
molloaggie wrote:

Writing and complaining to them won't work. Unlike Tokyopo, It looks like they're releaseing manga based on how popular the series is. I know Chrno Crusade & Full Metal Panic is being released faster than most of the other title. Still no release date on Kagerou and it's been several month already.

So, both Your and My Secret haven't seen a second volume released since summer. I'll add Gunslinger Girl as another manga they've mysteriously dropped. They published v.1 last fall!! That's 3 titles right there. That doesn't sound very customer friendly. I would hate to think that these titles are gone because of the "saturated market" predictions of everybody else around here.

It doesn't take much time to drop them an email and say, "Hey, I really miss ______v.2!!"

((Chrono Crusade is only on v.2 and that was more than a month late so I wouldn't conclude that they're releasing that one very fast. They are trying to get the third volume out on the regular 3-month schedule though.))
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:41 pm Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:

((Chrono Crusade is only on v.2 and that was more than a month late so I wouldn't conclude that they're releasing that one very fast. They are trying to get the third volume out on the regular 3-month schedule though.))

Just the fact that Volume 3 is listed in the released date mean that ADV is still releaseing it. Other title don't even have released date and it's been more than 4 or 5 month.

They do have weird schedule. I mean "The Boss" has been released almost monthly.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:06 am Reply with quote
I still haven't seen Your and My Secret in my local stores. In fact, a lot of the new titles I've gotten interested in (thanks to RTO) haven't been in stores. And while some are gender-bending, shonen ai-esque titles, others are 'normal' and right in line with other titles they have. I just don't get it. Confused Meh. I need to drop my local stores and go online for everything, I guess.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quote
They announced suspending Demon City Hunter immediately after Vol. 2 came out, so I was surprised to see Vol. 3 among their fall listings.
They don't seem to have a release schedule for manga which is frustrating. They often do the speed-up with anime---if it sells well, it seems to shift to a 6 week release schedule instead of every 2 months. I know Excel & Saiyuki both were coming out every 6 weeks by the end--it's why Jessica Calvello was replaced on Excel--she protested she couldn't keep up the pace under the shortened schedule.(officially. I know she switched employers around that time, but she did issue a statement that she was trying to protect her vocal chords when she was replaced on Excel)
joshua-kun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote
With Your and My Secret its possible that they are trying to follow a publishing timeline that goes in line with the Japanese releases. Vol.1 was published in December 2002, vol.2 was published in June of 2004. I got impaintent and ordered vol.2 from Japan and there was an advertisement for vol.3 included... *click here to view* For those of you that are japanese challenged the text in the bottom right corner says "500 days till it become a secret or not a secret. please wait till then." that is most likely 500 days from the date that vol.2 was published...

hang in there people!! the story gets better if you want to complain send your complaints to Blade Comics, they are the publishing company over in japan. from what i've been told they only publish graphic novels twice a year anyways...
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote
So this is a relatively new series...I hadn't known that...Does the ADV site say anything about the actual release date?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
joshua-kun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quote
To the best of my understanding ADV has been in the manga game for a little over one year now and so far they have not been too great about letting the consumer know when they are releasing things, and randomly drop series (Gunslinger girl comes to mind). As for Your and My Secret I wouldnt be suprised if they didn't get the second volume out till next summer, around that time vol.3 will be published in japan.

ADV release schedule
joshua-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:53 am Reply with quote
Update:

Vol.3 goes on sale next month in Japan. You can check it out here on Amazon.co.jp.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1