• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
VHS on Amazon.com

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed that U.S. Amazon have recently made it harder (or impossible?) to search specifically for VHS items? VHS used to be a category in the search menu, but no longer (and I can't imagine it's some bug in my system).

I found it a useful tool when ferreting out some of the old stuff that is listed on Amazon. I have come across things that hadn't been tagged as "Movies & TV", for example. Drat them.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:47 am Reply with quote
It's still there, you just have to do a general search first, then pick it out of the list to narrow results. (It's not under Movies & TV either, it's an entirely seperate option.)

I think it's about time I share one of my best tools for VHS:
Anime Mania

It's just an old free site from Tripod, that lists anime releases, that hasn't been updated in something like 5 years. What it does have is direct amazon links. Since the old VHS listings tend to get screwed up, I've found this site very valuable in turning up the correct page for the item I want (most notably Eat Man VHS 1, which is listed as Haunted Junction on Amazon for some reason.)
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply!
It's very strange, because I just did exactly what you describe with Amazon, and I couldn't see "VHS" anywhere (either in the drop-down department menu or in the results-summary box on the left of the page).

Thanks for the link!

Funny thing. It was actually an Eat-Man related search that got me really annoyed about this in the first place. (And I guess I'll stay annoyed, since I can't get it to work for me, at least!) After assembling an Eat-Man collection volume by volume recently, I happened upon a rather beautiful (and not terribly more expensive) VHS box set that was there on Amazon all the time, but that had been hiding from me because of difficulties in searching for VHS (my difficulties, at least).
Oh well.

Anyone want to buy six separate Eat-Man volumes from me so I can trade up? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1