• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Neo Tokyo?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Saw the trailer for it on my Get Backers DVD and it has Rin Taro, Yoshiwaki Kawajiri and Katsuhio Otomo behind it, is it any good? And isn't this Otomo's 4th or 3rd collabaration with other directors/creators?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Huh, to think that I never heard of it. Doesn't look like an Akira spinoff either. According to the ANN page (http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2044) its three short films, a la Memories. Looks like it comes out tommorow too. Those guys always do great stuff, so I'll have to check it out.
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote
It was released on vhs way back. Its got nothing to do with Akira. It was originally called Manie Manie but the name was changed when it was brought to America to make the connection with Otomo.

Quote:
And isn't this Otomo's 4th or 3rd collabaration with other directors/creators?

I think he has done three including this, his other two being Memories and Robot Carnival.
The Dreaming

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I've seen it. All three stories are different...(I was going to explain each story...but heh just check out this link...)
http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/DetailsNeoTokyoMovie.asp

Smile
hakootoko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it will get an unedited release.

IIRC, Steamline rearranged the shots to turn in into three stories. The original version has one story framing the other two. But since the Streamline version was dub-only, I never saw it.

hakootoko
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1