• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Miyazaki's gonna need a new sugar daddy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:42 am Reply with quote
oberkorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:42 am Reply with quote
I don't think that Miyazaki or the Ghibli studios are vey concerd about this, because the question is if there will be all to many more Ghibli movies made by Miyazaki and the money that Disney already has paid should keep their heads above water for a while now =)
Disney never did show any bigger intrests in the movies that wasn't directly made by Miyazaki himself.

The losers would be the general american costumers who might miss out on a domestic US version.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was John Lasseter that was Miyazaki's Disney buddy. All I new was that Eisner liked Totoro. How big of a part did he have in getting the Disney/Ghibli deal?
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I never got the impression that Miyazaki and Eisner were all that close. The deal is with Disney, and the company isn't going anywhere.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they will release a better product now, maybe not.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least Eisner is leaving. He did some good things and bad things for the company. One of them claiming that Pixar was a company that wasn't going anywhere, and thats why Pixar left Disney. You know, none of the original Disney's had any part in the company. Maybe we'll finally have someone from the family controlling the company.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I want to see a new Uncle Scrooge movie based off of the old comic books. Hopefully, that will happen if they're no longer obsessed with making the same movie 4 thousand times with the exact same corny themes and cheesey musical numbers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1