• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime network questions

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I just got digital cable from time warner YAY! I used to have satalite. Now I have the chanel but it says Anime Network ON Demand. Do they charge for these channels like a buck or something like that per episode or is it free but you just have to choose something to watch. Please answer and add anything you think is useful thanks. Very Happy
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
It's best to check with your cable company, but it's free from my Time Warner cable company(after one pays the cable cost)

If you watch the commercial loop, it might say. Mine repeats that they are free as they tell one how to do it.
Lifes End

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I have Anime On Demand from Cablevision and it costs $7 a month and you can watch whatever you want as many times as you want for that monthly fee.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Anime Network on Demand through Time Warner is free. One of the things to look for with on any on demand channel is it's free, unless you attempt to watch it, and a message comes up telling you that you must either subscribe to the channel, or a pay-per-view charge.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote
Your all very lucky, Charter is the only cable company available in my area, and they don't offer AN at all. Crying or Very sad Hopefully my weekly emails will convince them to carry it. There is only so much I can do, *sigh*.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Seir

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:19 am Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
Your all very lucky, Charter is the only cable company available in my area, and they don't offer AN at all. Crying or Very sad Hopefully my weekly emails will convince them to carry it. There is only so much I can do, *sigh*.

Same here. Me and my friend are trying to gather people from the area to help us convince them to carry it. Don't know how much good it will do. Sad
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quote
You might also check for Adult Swim on Demand. They have anime. They were running Scryed.
ThatMatt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Its free on Comcast, which is what I have. It has a great selection of stuff definately worth checking out.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
You might also check for Adult Swim on Demand. They have anime. They were running Scryed.

I've never heard of Adult Swim on Demand
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I watch AS every night, and to my knowledge AS has never aired Scryed. So I think you might have confused AS with an entirerly different network. Wink

Quote:
I've never heard of Adult Swim on Demand

Neither have I. However, it is on regular cable. So with that, I at least get AS and G4TechTV, but that's it. Crying or Very sad I want more!

Quote:
Same here. Me and my friend are trying to gather people from the area to help us convince them to carry it. Don't know how much good it will do.

Me too, and yes, who knows if they are listening. The best thing you can do is keep bugging them about it. Never stop until they offer it 24/7!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
Quote:

I watch AS every night, and to my knowledge AS has never aired Scryed. So I think you might have confused AS with an entirerly different network. Wink

Nope Adult Swim and AnimeVillage teamed up to create Adult Swim Video on Demand in Association With Anime Village.com. It airs AS comedy shows as well as Bandai anime titles, one of which was s-cry-ed.

animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5176
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Ok, TO MY KNOWLEDGE [adult swim] is an animation block of Cartoon Network and not a network unto itself. Now I have heard of the ON DEMAND packages on TimeWarner and the like, but I didn't think an [as] one existed. Considering they only air for 3 hours legitimately (and not all anime) how can they air a 24-hr. IN DEMAND channel. That's just my opinion, you may be right.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nope Adult Swim and AnimeVillage teamed up to create Adult Swim Video on Demand in Association With Anime Village.com. It airs AS comedy shows as well as Bandai anime titles, one of which was s-cry-ed.

I see. Man some people have it all (lol). And yet another thing to bug Charter about.

Quote:
Ok, TO MY KNOWLEDGE [adult swim] is an animation block of Cartoon Network and not a network unto itself.

Yep, I know, that's why I watch it every night. Wink
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:53 am Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Ok, TO MY KNOWLEDGE [adult swim] is an animation block of Cartoon Network and not a network unto itself. Now I have heard of the ON DEMAND packages on TimeWarner and the like, but I didn't think an [as] one existed. Considering they only air for 3 hours legitimately (and not all anime) how can they air a 24-hr. IN DEMAND channel. That's just my opinion, you may be right.

With OnDemand, you turn to the OnDemand channel you want to watch, then select the episode you want to watch from the menu, and it loads up. Then you can pause, rewind, and fast forward through the show all you want to.
tvgood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
do you know if its avalable on Dish??
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2