• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
kindle manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kidnicky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
I just got a kindle,and beyond just searching "manga" in Kindle store,I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'd like to buy a mecha title,or shonen action thing or something. I tried searching "gundam" but all I got was a prose novel (which I did buy).

What are some of the heavy hitters (Gundam,DBZ,etc.) that are available on kindle? Any glaring omissions?
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Because Viz and Yen (the two major publishers with any good titles that currently have any real "digital" presence) are both annoyingly bad marketers of their digital product and stupidly bought into to the myth of iPad ubiquity, you can't get manga on any devices non-iOS right now unless you view view a website. So, if you have the kindle fire, you can read manga through Viz's web-portal (for example) but you can't buy eBook or PDF or some other downloadable format versions of any major publisher manga. (except maybe a bunch of Yaoi from DMP or someone, but I don't read Yaoi, so I'm not sure)
Kidnicky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah,there's TONS of yaoi on there,which is why I stopped looking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1