• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Water Studios...is there ANY good dubs from them?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quote
Seriously, I've watched G Gundam, Crest/Banner of the Stars, Betterman, and Ayashi no Ceres in its dub format, and I'm very disappointed with their performance. Man, most of the VAs should consider ACTING in their roles instead of just reading off the script and enunciating every single word with no emotion whatsoever. Please tell me there's an anime series where these guys actually do well with the dubbing.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Don't watch Angel Links... Mad.

Oh, and to answer your question, no. There are no good dubs by Blue Water Studios. G Gundam is probably as good as it gets, and it's below average at best.

They did Ceres, eh? I'll have to remember to watch it subbed...
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
G Gundam is probably as good as it gets, and it's below average at best.

And for G Gundam that's pretty good. The campy acting actually does the show favors.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
drakh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force managed to amass quite a following when it aired on Cartoon Network. And while I'm not one of them, their dub of Jubei-Chan has its share of fans.

I did like the G-Gundam dub quite a bit though. It had a rocky start, but the acting improved considerably as it went along, especially during the second half when an experienced voice director took over.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, I do like some of the voices for G Gundam, but the acting just didn't connect me to the characters as much. It's probably the only dub of theirs I can stand, if that means anything .
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
G Gundam is probably as good as it gets, and it's below average at best.

And for G Gundam that's pretty good. The campy acting actually does the show favors.

Emerje

Exactly! Half the time, you weren't supposed to take the show seriously. *coughanythingwithSaiSaichicough* Sailor Gundams? And to think that this was the first non-UC Gundam.

Two words why Zoids CC got a following (other than early morning): Flying papaya
levonr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:33 am Reply with quote
Zoids: Chaotic Century by far is their best dub IMO. I think its a very underrated dub(& an underrated anime).

G Gundam I thought was decent, the main problem was the edits to me. Crest of the Stars is their worse, lol. I thought Jubei-Chan's & Betterman's were decent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1