• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saimoe 2007

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
English: http://animemoe2007.hp.infoseek.co.jp/english.html
Japanese: http://animemoe2007.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

The brackets are in:

http://www.zomgwtf.net/RandomPicturesNstuff/misc/SaiMoe2007.png

Standings:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/AyaReiko/saimoe07web.png

Highlights: The names I mention are either familar to me -- OR -- who might have a chance of doing well -- OR -- have performed well in previous years. Laughing

Group
* A1: 2006 Final Four Shana
* A2: Blossom
* B1: Konata Izumi, Natsuki Kruger
* B2: 2006 Final Four Chikaru Minamoto, CC, Konoka Konoe
* C1: Nanoha
* C2: Makoto Sawatari (twice!)
* D1: Tamaki Kousaka
* D2: Nagisa Aoi
* E1: 2005 3rd Place Shinku
* E2: Villeta Nu
* F1: 2006 Champion Suiseiseki, Cornelia Britannia
* F2: 2005 Runner-Up Souseiseki
* G1: Ayu Tsukimiya
* G2:
* H1: Suigintou, 2006 Runner-Up Fate Testarossa
* H2: 2006 Elite Eight Eri Sawachika

NOTE: I barely know half of them.

===

If you wish to take some bets/predictions -- go for it.

Last edited by KyuuA4 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Anyone from Magipoka...except Aiko. Wink

There are so many characters I haven't heard of, mainly because I don't go for most of the kinds of anime on the list. Also, I'm not familiar with this tournament, but I think it looks very well put together. I would like to see the results from all those categories! I'm just surprised Uma (spelled Yuuma in C2) and the others are there since this is a tournament for recent anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I know just about all of them...I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud...
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
I know just about all of them...I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud...

Looking that the chart -- I cannot even make a remote clue as to who would win. Although, I have a feeling the Lucky Stars will go deep in the brackets.
jack781217

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quote
There it is, Saimoe for 2007. Laughing

random info below...

- 12 characters from Negima!?...1/3 of the female characters made it through the qualifying round...

- no character from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu...that must have broken the hearts of all Haruhi-ist @@". Nagato made it close to the championship

- 7 dolls from Rozen Maiden appear yet again. Really hope Suigintou would last the longest this time...since Rozen Maiden Overture is her story...but then, you have Souseiseki (runner-up 2005) and Suiseiseki (champion 2006)...this pair of twins are hard to defeat
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote
jack781217 wrote:
There it is, Saimoe for 2007. Laughing

random info below...

- no character from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu...that must have broken the hearts of all Haruhi-ist @@". Nagato made it close to the championship

There were no characters from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu because they weren't eligible for this year's tournament. Smile

From the Tournament rules website wrote:
- Enterable characters -

Female characters came into the main part of the following animes from 07/01/2006 to 06/30/2007:

Animes newly broadcasted in Japan on TV or internet over 5 stories or a half of the full stories in that period
    OVAs (Original Video Animations) newly released in Japan in that period
    Anime films newly screened in Japan in that period
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote
Furudanuki wrote:
There were no characters from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu because they weren't eligible for this year's tournament. Smile

When Season 2 comes out, they'll be right back next year in full force. Hopefully, the big 3 aren't put in the same group. Now, what I'm really surprised is the exclusion of Bleach characters. Then again, I don't think they fared very well last year anyways.

Furudanuki wrote:
7 dolls from Rozen Maiden appear yet again. Really hope Suigintou would last the longest this time...since Rozen Maiden Overture is her story...but then, you have Souseiseki (runner-up 2005) and Suiseiseki (champion 2006)...this pair of twins are hard to defeat

indeed. Overture can make ya feel really really sorry for Suigintou. That'll get her some nice "pity" points. With the "seki"-twins, they're in the same group. So, only one of 'em will make the Final 8. If they battle each other, that'll be Epic.

Judging from the first rounds of Group A and B -- Hayate the Combat Butler seems to be getting plenty of attention. Having not seen any of that, it leaves me confused.

Also, don't forget Lucky Star. That's a very strong contingency right there.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
When Season 2 comes out, they'll be right back next year in full force. Hopefully, the big 3 aren't put in the same group. Now, what I'm really surprised is the exclusion of Bleach characters. Then again, I don't think they fared very well last year anyways.

The Saimoe tournament voters tend to show a rather strong bias against characters from what would be considered "mainstream" anime. This year there were a total of 59 characters from Bleach, Naruto, and Keroro Gunsou combined. Out of those, only one - Angol Moa from Keroro Gunsou - made it out of the preliminary rounds into the tournament proper, and she has already been eliminated.
jack781217

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
Found this video
http://www.badongo.com/en/file/4011365

It's the MAD of Saimoe 2007. Not a bad idea to check it out Laughing

Well made in my opinion. Lucky Star has a pretty good part in it. Rozen Maiden has its part as well. Notice that there is a solid 8-second-interval devoted to Nanoha and Fate (from Mahou Shoujo Ririkaru Nanoha StrikerS) @@"
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
jack781217 wrote:
Found this video
http://www.badongo.com/en/file/4011365

It's the MAD of Saimoe 2007. Not a bad idea to check it out Laughing

Well made in my opinion. Lucky Star has a pretty good part in it. Rozen Maiden has its part as well. Notice that there is a solid 8-second-interval devoted to Nanoha and Fate (from Mahou Shoujo Ririkaru Nanoha StrikerS) @@"

Yea. That video is great and well put. Well timed, and manages to fit everyone -- if not -- as many of them as possible. That's... what... 200+ characters. That takes skill. Here's it is on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQqsXcXszZM
The great thing. It's a DDR song. Laughing

But yea. The "big" series got a bit of extra attention in there. A lot of Geass was also given attention -- particularly CC and Karen. As for Nanoha and Fate, that should be hoping for another Nanoha vs Fate match. That's probably not likely this time around -- depending if Fate gets past Suigintou.

Furudanuki wrote:
The Saimoe tournament voters tend to show a rather strong bias against characters from what would be considered "mainstream" anime.

Ah, I see. I completely missed the preliminaries; and totally forgot about it. As for this bias against "mainstream", that's completely understandable.
Axe-336

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow.... So, I know its supposed to be very inclusive, but including Yukari Hirai and Shana? Sure her personality is different, but including her is almost cruel.

Hey, is that bracket that had a link to it updated as per the dates?
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Jun Watarase from Happiness!...I am not complaing but I thought they had to be female??
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Jun Watarase from Happiness!...I am not complaing but I thought they had to be female??

They do have to be female. Jun is male in the TV series, but spoiler[there is also a Happiness! OAV. The OAV is a stand-alone episode in which, due to a magical accident, Jun is transformed into a girl. Jun is biologically a female during this episode,] therefore Jun is eligible for Saimoe. Smile
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Furudanuki wrote:
They do have to be female. Jun is male in the TV series, but spoiler[there is also a Happiness! OAV. The OAV is a stand-alone episode in which, due to a magical accident, Jun is transformed into a girl. Jun is biologically a female during this episode,] therefore Jun is eligible for Saimoe. Smile

OH gawd. WTF were they thinking? I suppose - this concept parallels Ranma girl-type.

**shudder**

Shocked Laughing

To counter that thought -- here's a MAD featuring last year's Final 8:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FjnIyJWkas

Axe-336 wrote:
Hey, is that bracket that had a link to it updated as per the dates?

Those over at AnimeSuki are very much on top of this thing. Here's the standings now:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/AyaReiko/saimoe07web.png
jack781217

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Axe-336 wrote:
Wow.... So, I know its supposed to be very inclusive, but including Yukari Hirai and Shana? Sure her personality is different, but including her is almost cruel.

That is certainly cruel...as if to remind us of her forgotten existence...

How I hope Kazumi defeats Shana, since she is probably not going to win over her in the anime...

Sakai Chigusa...an interesting option...she is really appealing, now to think about it (smart, tender, experienced...it takes more than two Gozu no O to be even with her...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7