• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kyo Kara Maoh Season 3 and beyond.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venka21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Hey. Now that season three is almost at an end what do you see happening in the story that we have seen thus far and how is it tying in to seasons 1 and 2.

There may be spoilers involved so all spoiler things should be put as follows with the spoiler feature:

Yuri and Wolfram aren't engaged any longer dispite that how things are like between them during episode 82 on.

spoiler[81 Yuri runs away before Wolfram could reinstate their engagement so it's questionable as to weather they are still a couple. ]

Walterana isn't out of the picture just yet.

spoiler[In episode 79 there was a meeting between some members of the ten aristicrats as to weather Yuri should remain king. Von Voltare, Von Karanikov, Von Wincott, Von Krist, and Von Spitzwig had no objection to Yuri remaining as King. Von Bielefelt (Wolfram's Paternal uncle) and another house are supporting Wolfram as the new king dispite Wolfram's objections of receaving the title. And two other houses are nutral. Von Granz's views don't count for obvious reasons. Dispite the fact that Yuri had so much support behind him, Walterana was still presuring his nephew into being the king. He wouldn't have been pushing so hard if he didn't have an alterier reason for wanting Wolfram as the new king so badly. ]

The story will probably move on into a fourth season.

Season 2 continued where season 1 left off and the OVA ushered in season three. The story at hand or lack of story seems to be building up to a point and the story may or may not be compleatly covered in 39 episodes so it is likely to be a 4th season to cover everything.

There will be a major death among the heros.

spoiler[Sara has died recently and that did have an impact on Yuri. However I can see Conrad dying because in the flashbacks we have of the lives of the three Princes we know Conrad and Wolfram had been rather close when they had been children. Conrad is also Yuri's godfather. And also when Conrad looked as though he had betrayed them that also had a rather large impact on Yuri and Wolfram. So maybe Conrad losing his life trying to protect one of them would have a major impact on them as characters. ]

We're going to learn more about Wolfram and Gwendels family's.

spoiler[I don't know much about the former Lord Von Voltair other then the probability he is no longer living. But we do know that Wolfram's father is no longer alive so the question is how did he die and for what reason. ]

[/spoiler]
RevyHenriettaRider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Hello! Cool

I have been wondering about the future of Kyo Kara Maoh!.

I am a big Yuri and Wolfram fan so I am hoping that they will somehow end up together.

I hope that when the second season has been released on DVD by the Geneon/Funimation deal that one them will get the OVA and the third season.

I am glad to see some talk about this show here. Very Happy
Maryohki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quote
I love Kyo Kara Maoh, but it's beginning to frustrate me. I want more information and screentime for Gunter! D=
venka21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I love Kyo Kara Maoh, but it's beginning to frustrate me. I want more information and screentime for Gunter! D=

Ah yes, more information reguarding Lord Von Krist may be plausible as well since the Ten Aristocrats are making more of an appearance then they have in seasons one and two so we may learn more about each of them.

Walterana Von Bielefelt will learn of his Nephews previous engagement to Yuri.

spoiler[In episode 80 and 81 Wolfram leaves a note explaining for that he is desolving his engagement with Yuri for his "own convenience". Many people beleave that it was so the prospect wouldn't be used against them. But I think there was a deeper reason.] The Bielefelts are clearly a bunch of human hating bigots and only recently Wolfram has become disenchanted with that point of view (I.E. it's been a little over a year since Yuri had first appeared in The Demon Kingdom.) It's not very clear how many people know that Wolfram and Yuri were engaged but largely that knowlage was centered around Covenant Castle. As such if Uncle Walterana had learned that the only heir to the Von Bielefelt family was engaged to a half breed and raising a human child as his daughter. The results could be disasterous.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1