• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Neon Genesis Evangelion Live Action Status?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf X

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I am curious about the status of the live action version of Neon Genesis Evangelion. The last time I heard anything about it, it had been placed on the back burner while they looked for a director. Is this the same status or have the embers been completely snuffed out now?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
I don't think there's any information one way or the other...the ADV reps get asked about it at most conventions, and generally they say something like "It's still alive, but there's nothing we can tell you right now."
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
This link might not be helpful, but it is pretty cool

Check out the image gallery - the conceptual art is fantastic.

Other than that, I have no concrete idea why it is on hold. I think it is just an idea whose time hasn't quite come yet. Everyone who is working on it has other commitments and projects. Perhaps when they finish with their current work, they'll then turn their attention to EVA.

Many movies flounder for years, for no reason. Anyway, just my thoughts.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
It's on hold for the same reason Watchmen has been on hold all this time. It's a bitter and dreary story which might cost too much for the audience it's trying to attract. Watchmen is as close as we're gonna get to dramatic adaptations, and if it tanks-assuming WB settles its legal problems with FOX, first-then there's no hope for EVA.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
It's on hold for the same reason Watchmen has been on hold all this time. It's a bitter and dreary story which might cost too much for the audience it's trying to attract.

And for that reason I'm not looking forward to seeing how Watchmen fares on the big screen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the Live Action project has shown any signs of life in years. We got the production sketches several years ago, and since then the most we've gotten is that ADV is looking for this and that.

It's never going to happen, it's a bigger joke than Duke Nukem Forever at this point. At least that shows signs of life every couple of years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1