• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tezuka's student speaking in San Francisco

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quote
I met my parents for lunch today at San Francisco Japan Town this afternoon and there was a man who was exhibiting a bunch of Tezuka artwork as well as a series of photos he took from Bali. He turned out to be one of Tezuka's students and friends (he was even wearing the signature Tezuka hat) and was explaining his relation with the legend to a small group of people. We actually had a friendly chat with him (I don't know if he speaks any English though) and there was a television in the background playing one of Tezukas older films (it was back when anime films were made in 2.35 aspect ratio) that I didn't recognize. Unfortunately I forgot what his name is, and I really should have grabbed one of his business cards. Nothing too spectacular, but check it out if you happen to be around this weekend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1