• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gaijiken Meet n Greet - August 18th

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Folks, about 8 years ago I was one of four people who founded an all-purpose gaming, anime, and other geek-type interest club. Over the years, the organization has gone through several incarnations (most famously, the ill-fated NEOAFRO) but now we've managed to secure a brick & mortar presence and are happy to announce that on August 18th at 3:00pm, we'll be holding a general meet and greet for all area fans.

Here's the particulars.

Keith's Comics - 394 Broad St. Elyria, Ohio 44035 - we'll be in the basement of the shop, easy to find, but if you're not sure just ask Brian where we're at (he's the shop owner, Geddy Lee-looking dude behind the counter listening to Howard Stern).

Club information
Gaijiken an all-purpose social club for otaku that meets every other week for screenings, gaming, discussion, and fun, as well as attending special events like movie premieres and conventions. We're a non-profit club that does not charge dues (all events and equipment is contributed by members at their discretion) and are in our 8th year of continuous operation.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
(he's the shop owner, Geddy Lee-looking dude behind the counter listening to Howard Stern).

That is so funny. I went to see Dream Theater a few weeks ago, and I swear that progressive rock fans look just like typical otaku. Unfortunately Ohio is a bit far for me, but it is good to see that you are still around.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote
lol Randall, where else would I go? And on the prog point, it's probably because most prog artists are geeks/otaku themselves. Hell, the boys from Rush have flat out said they're Robotech fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1