• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official guests for Fan Expo 2007 in Toronto in anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhuhn

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Here are some notable names that will attend the FAN EXPO from August 24-26, 2007.

Yasuhiro Nightow, creator of Trigun
Daisuke Moriyama, creator of Chrono Crusade & World Embryo
Maile Flanagan, known for her voice role in Naruto (believe it!)
Crispin Freeman, known for voice roles in many anime, including Witch Hunter Robin, .hack//G.U. & Naruto, attended the Toronto Anime Con in 2006
Brad Swaile, voice actor from Vancouver that does Gundam, been in a few CN Fan Expos
Sean Schemmel, known for the voice of Goku in Dragonball Z and director of Ah! My Goddess, attended the 2003 CN Fan Expo event
Luci Christian, voice star from Texas, known for her voice role of Margaret Burton in Madlax, attended the Toronto Anime Con in 2006

Note that some of these stars are subject to cancelation due to any scheduling conflicts. More maybe added as well. Stay tuned.

Last edited by jhuhn on Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
jhuhn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:02 am Reply with quote
For the first time since 1999, a voice star from Pokemon has been added to the list of guests.

Former Ash Ketchum voice actress Veronica Taylor will make an appearence at FAN EXPO 2007.

From Japan, they've added Suzumi Atsushi, creator of Venus Versus Virus.

Laura Bailey will make her second apperance in Toronto this year, as she also attended the 2007 Toronto Anime Con in March.

Dwight Schultz is a voice actor from the anime series Avatar. This Dwight is not only the one shown on the Anime News Network list, but the actor who also played Lt. Reginal Barclay in Star Trek: TNG.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Crispin Freeman will be there.... I'M SO COMMING!
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I guess I should start working on my cosplay costume.
Baka-kaka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote
Ahhh. Cosplay. I dont know what drives people to dress up as anime characters. If I went I would probably just wear a Naruto shirt. Razz
Trivial

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I am interested in the Bob versus Megabyte (Reboot) guitar cosplay showdown.

I may actually travel down the 401 to attend Fan Expo.

If not I can always settle for Ottawa International Animation Festival in September.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm going.

Might get Veronica Taylor to sign one of my Pokemon movies.

Very Happy
jhuhn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
For those attending these guests, Crispin's recent anime dub airing on Sci-Fi is on Noein. At YouTube, there have been some funny outtakes from that anime series. For those that never seen the outtake clips should do so, unless the Fan Expo decides to have a special outtake blooper on English dubbings where there have been some funny, but mature themed lines that were by accident. Time codes were included.

I will attend the Fan Expo and will discuss with anime fans about the Future Of Anime and having them dubbed in English with the right staff members playing the roles of the characters.
We will see Death Note & The Familiar Of Zero in English dubbings and there will be a new series of Shana in October with another Familiar Of Zero series already airing in Japan.
Then there's other anime series that might be considered but not dubbed yet in English and if anyone has seen a 12 or 26-episode series, should it be dubbed in English if you like the series and who would you like to see doing the dub of which character?

I will also discuss on how some anime may not be suitable to young viewers. Those scenes include graphic/gun violence, nudity/women's underwear, coarse language and mature themes. The adult is responsible to show which anime is safe, which anime is OK to view at their own risk, or which anime should not be seen by young viewers.

So please don't be shy to ask or suggest what anime should viewers want to see. I'm sure something might happen if you support it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1