• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
xxxHOLiC Omnibus

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
So I was perusing Barnes & Noble today, and I came across xxxHOLiC omnibus, which contains volumes one through three. It retails at $12.95($2 more than a single volume). I just wanted to know what you guys think about this?

Me? I think it is a little early for this sort of thing to be coming out, V.9 was just released. But it doesn't affect me really since I will be getting the singles regardless. Just sort of burns me a little that they are already bringing out the cheap versions.

Although I do hope, since they are doing this, that they start making them for Tsubasa. Since for varies reasons(mostly reading to much other stuff), I have not started to read that one yet. But I imagine that would change if I was reading that one as well.

So whatcha think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
So I was perusing Barnes & Noble today, and I came across xxxHOLiC omnibus, which contains volumes one through three. It retails at $12.95($2 more than a single volume). I just wanted to know what you guys think about this?

Me? I think it is a little early for this sort of thing to be coming out, V.9 was just released. But it doesn't affect me really since I will be getting the singles regardless. Just sort of burns me a little that they are already bringing out the cheap versions.

Although I do hope, since they are doing this, that they start making them for Tsubasa. Since for varies reasons(mostly reading to much other stuff), I have not started to read that one yet. But I imagine that would change if I was reading that one as well.

So whatcha think?

you're too late as there already is a Tsubasa Omnibus, and these are more likely one shot exclusive from B&N

There's already a discussion on this.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35234
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Aww really that sucks. I thought they were doing what Gunsmith Cats was doing, which is available everywhere. Good news is I checked the B&N website and they still have Tsubasa available there, so it is still a great deal. I think I will order it, just in case it does go OOP.

After reading that three month old thread, it got me thinking. xxxHOLiC was mentioned, in that. Yet the B&N I frequent quite often, yet I have never seen these Del Rey omnibus editions. Still three of them were on the shelf tonight, and only xxxHOLiC, obviously just being placed there. I guess the store I go to just sucks. Neutral

Oh and also if these are just one shot exclusive deals, it doesn't burn me quite so bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I work at Barnes and Noble and we actually still get all of the omnibi in stock regularly (in my store anyway). Negima, Tsubasa, and XXXholic. I don't think you need to worry about them going out of print, but they are exclusive to B&N. Other book store don't even have the ISBN in their systems. Anywho, store selection depends on what they actually sell, size, etc. But you can definitely still order it in the store.
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
We talked about the omnibuses in a previous thread, and I believe that Del Rey is only making them for the first 3 volumes of these series to get people hooked on them, and that they won't print more than 1 omnibus per series. That's my recollection, anyway.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Okay I bought Tsubasa Omnibus, I decided to make the store order it so that I didn't have to pay the $3.50 shipping the B&N site charges. Anime exclamation

I checked the old thread and I didn't see anyone mention it but Del Rey's Q-Ko-Chan V.1 hardcover is also on sale there. It is like $15, and it comes with it's own little artbox to hold it in. Also the page size is substantionally larger than a standard manga. I checked Del Rey's site and it wasn't listed, so I assume it is a B&N exclusive as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1