• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suzuka D: major plot twists!?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hisdon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote
After reading the two latest chapters, all I can say is ...

spoiler[
oooooh shit

This completely changes things in the plot of this story. I mean, before it looked like it would be ending like a comedy, happy. Now, with the addition of pregnancy, I don't see how things could possibly turn out positively with their positions as almost graduated high schoolers. I'm kind of worried how the plot will go from here - could all these 154 chapters be build ups for a depressing ending about the problems that teen pregnancy can cause? :O

]
Master_M2K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
How on earth did you get all those chapters? because I could only find upto 138...

Edit:
Wow I'm glad I didn't read your spoiler because that would have ruined everything for me Anime smile. I just can't believe this sort of thing would happen in this manga and now I have to anxiously wait to see how it turns out Sad . Well thanks for tellin me about that website.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote
What volume are you referring to? I've only seem the anime so the spoiler, while big, didn't really relate to anything so I'm curious about it. As far as I know the manga has only been translated to Volume 4 or so. If it continues farther beyond the anime then I'll start picking it up like I did with Tenjho Tenge.
Master_M2K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Well the anime only covered 72 chapters (Volume 9) of the story and with the manga still ongoing, with the lastest one being chapter 156 (Volume 17). So I'd say that there's a considerable amount of story your missing out on, including a 1 year time skip.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I am up to that chapter and when spoiler[Suzuka revealed that she was pregnant], I too, had the spoiler[oh shit] feeling.

I bet Yamato spoiler[didn't expect to impregnate Suzuka from their one night of love.]

I really wonder what they are going to do about it now. spoiler[Will they take responsibility and take care of the child, even though that would put a big damper on both of their track and field aspirations. Not to mention what will her father do when he finds out. It is definitely going to be of a more sticky situation than not letting the two talk together because they snuck out for a night.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'll start reading Suzuka next year when it starts to go beyond the anime. I just wish manga releases were faster. I also wish my choices were better than; wait a hell of a long time or do it illegally.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
spoiler[

I'm actually having a hunch that it will neither end with her having the baby or having an abortion

I think she's might have a miscarriage.

Or - stretching but maybe Yue will come into the picture again, and either A) adopt the child or B) simply be like a nanny?

I unno, this is such a huge twist that I honestly NEVER excpeted in this kind of story.]
Master_M2K

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:52 am Reply with quote
The main thing I'm worried about is what will happen when her father finds out because that just seems inevitable. Even if spoiler[she gets an abortion or miscarriages] the dad will eventually find out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1