• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime scheduled to air in 2008

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyesopen0791

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I read a statement online from a representative from a US TV channel that they will be airing X anime shows in the year 2008.

I understand from reading Teh Rules that ANN doesn't want rumors to be circulated here, but I wanted to mention this because I'm wondering if ANN can use their position as a news publication to approach this US TV channel and ask them what will be those anime series it plans to air.

It was really annoying to read the comment from that representative that they plan to air X anime series, but didn't want to reveal the titles to a lowly consumer like me.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
It's August. You'll find out soon enough. Be patient. Have a fortune cookie. Razz Sooner or later, we'll be submersed by the Christmas season once again.

Quote:
It was really annoying to read the comment from that representative that they plan to air X anime series, but didn't want to reveal the titles to a lowly consumer like me.

Well, that's what I'd call a "lure". To lure you into getting some attention into it -- for ancipation. A valid marketing tactic.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
eyesopen0791 wrote:
I wanted to mention this because I'm wondering if ANN can use their position as a news publication to approach this US TV channel and ask them what will be those anime series it plans to air.

That's ridiculous. If they wanted people to know what it is already, they would have said it themselves. They'll announce it themselves (and we'll hear it here, I'm sure) when they feel it is the best time to do so. They aren't going to release that info just because ANN asks nicely. And the idea that ANN would go do this is.... rather silly, I think, because they know all this and they know this TV station won't just hand out that kind of info.

And you didn't even bother mentioning the TV channel...
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Although I think this thread might get locked, it would be nice to know what anime is officially scheduled for '08, if any. Have there actually been any official announcements regarding such things?

@ eyesopen0791: As HitokiriShadow mentioned, you should at least tell us what channel you are asking about. If it's Cartoon Network, Sci-Fi, IFC, or any other channel that is already or has previously aired anime, then that's not a big deal that they're showing a new series (maybe) but if it is a previously anime-free network, this could be more interesting. Also, if you could link to that statement you mentioned, that too might minimize the chances of a lock.
vylo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Patience????!!! How long with that take??!!

Razz
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I know they announed Code Geass for an American TV broadcast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
eyesopen0791

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Response to Richard J, since he asked, it seemed, sincerely:

I did not mention the TV channel because I did not want to be reprimanded by the moderators for posting a rumor, as defined here in the forums as as information without a credible source. Technicially, my source is NOT credible; aside from that, the person who made the comment clearly represented that he held a job within the TV channel. If I mention the TV channel now, I know I will be slapped with spreading a rumor, and I don't want to establish a rep as a stupid, bumbling poster.

Response to HitokiriShadow:

I thought ANN could do a bit of original reporting if I gave them a tip on a potential anime news story. I am not a journalist, only an ordinary individual; ANN are the ones who are journalists; entities/organizations/companies expect journalists, not ordinary people, to approach them about potential news stories.

If ANN's news is primarily a compendium of news gathered from other publications, then I suppose they won't ask the TV channel company. I suppose the most disappointing thing that can happen if they do is that the TV channel will say, sorry, not going to tell you, wait for the press release next year.

At this time, I leave it to the moderators to make a decision of what I should or should not bother revealing and to inform me whether ANN does follow a lead on anime news stories.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Ehhh...let's just wait for the official announcement. No hard feelings, though.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1