• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Five Star stories? Did I miss this?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maniaxe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Hey! I just wanted to ask something. One of the manga series i've wanted to see for a while was Five Star Stories. But I thought it was only in Japanese, and was, as such a lost cause for me, who doesn;t understand the language. But now I find out that it was translated, but I apparently missed it.

Is this true?
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote
Yep, here's a bit more info about it. Five Star Stories was indeed released in English, although I don't know if the entire thing was translated or not....I've only seen scattered individual issues of it. The translated versions weren't bound graphic novels, either, but over-sized, folded-and-stapled comics that were probably, I dunno, 80 pages a piece? I wish I had one here for reference....

But yeah, they are out there, and they're *really* hard to find. But best of luck to ya!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MirageK009

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote
It is available in Chinese as well. It is one of the best and under appreciated series in the US. It is going to go the way of 3x3 Eyes... Sadly, these two series had animated versions which never took off.. Crying or Very sad It really makes one cry when great manga never becomes anime....
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote
Yes, I have the first volume, the company that put it out released them in a very strange oversize volumes so they never caught on in book stores much. You should be able to find them in comic book stores and online.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MirageK009

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
Fortunately, I have the both series in Chinese to hold me over... It is just sad not to be able to share it with friends who cannot read Chinese...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1