• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animerica info

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone picked up the latest issue of Animerica at Borders books or conventions? I haven't been able to find it at my local locations. Was just wondering if anyone had it could tell me the rough page count of it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote
The magazine per say doesn't exist anymore I believe, discontinued printing a year or two ago. The only form I can find it in is those little free booklets in the DVD section of my Best Buy. They're about the size and shape of a DVD and have roughly 40 pages. The latest one I got has the main character of Mar on the cover. If the full version is still in print the usual places I got it at no longer carry it and haven't for quite some time.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, they're practically mere pamphlets now. Shame, because not only was it my first anime magazine, and the main thing that got me into anime, but it was one of the better magazines too.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:
Has anyone picked up the latest issue of Animerica at Borders books or conventions? I haven't been able to find it at my local locations. Was just wondering if anyone had it could tell me the rough page count of it.

As mentioned Animerica the magazine is no longer in print. You now get a quarterly little booklet for free at places like Best Buy. It seems almost more like an anime ad pamphlet then anything else. Coincidentally enough when they stopped publishing Anime Insider went from being a bi-monthly magazine to monthly. Your 3 choices right now are Anime Insider (AI), Newtype USA, or good ole Protoculture Addicts (PA). If you want something more along the lines of "here look at this and try it" get Newtype. If you're looking for something more review based get PA. I guess you could consider AI a mix of the two....kinda.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Your 3 choices right now are Anime Insider (AI), Newtype USA, or good ole Protoculture Addicts (PA).

I believe that OTAKU USA is coming out also this month or perhaps next month. As for Animerica I haven't even seen it in Best buy in a long time. Normally when a big shopping season hits it's normally there in Best buy sitting next to the anime dvds.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Deltakiral"]
psycho 101 wrote:
Your 3 choices right now are Anime Insider (AI), Newtype USA, or good ole Protoculture Addicts (PA).quote]

I believe that OTAKU USA is coming out also this month or perhaps next month. As for Animerica I haven't even seen it in Best buy in a long time. Normally when a big shopping season hits it's normally there in Best buy sitting next to the anime dvds.

I just saw the new pamphlet at my Best Buy when I was buying some martial arts movies the other day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1