• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What would YOUR anime be like?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Souppy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I really didn't know how to make a correct and understandable title for this subject so I guess I'll explain it a little more clearly.

Instead of asking you the classic ''What kind of anime you like'' (or any related questions that I'm tired to hear everytime I talk about anime), I would like to know what your anime would be like if you could produce one. I believe that almost every anime fan would create his own anime if they could. I created this topic for all those who wants to share which kind of anime they would like to create. Childish, mech, magic, dark, psychological, fighting or any style of anime you want to create...

Of course, I don't want simple answers like ''a similar series that would look like this anime combined with that anime''. I want creativity and imagination. If you want to go as far as making the character description, go for it!

Also, I never said that you have to produce a good anime... if you would like to produce the ''worst anime ever'', I don't mind but at least put some originality into it (don't tell a story that already exist).

And if you think it's worthless to waste time for this because no one will read your story, you're wrong. I will read each and every story that will be posted and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that might be interested by your stories. For others, you can comment on the story that other users will have posted... intelligent comments only.

Have some respect for the posters please and I can't wait to read your stories (I'll put mine really soon).
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Souppy wrote:

Of course, I don't want simple answers like ''a similar series that would look like this anime combined with that anime''. I want creativity and imagination. If you want to go as far as making the character description, go for it!

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I'd like to see an anime version of Boston Legal that replaces all the characters with lolis except for the guy with Asperger's, cause he's the funniest character (maybe make him a pedo.) And there'd be singing and dancing. LOTS of singing and dancing. I'd have it animated by Kyoto Animation and directed by Tsutomu Mizushima. An anime version of House would be cool too (with copious amounts of singing and dancing, of course), only I'd make House a tsundere loli. We need a loli doctor anime and a loli lawyer anime.

Thirteen solid half-hour episodes of lolis singing catchy pop tunes and performing intricate dance moves with no plot or character development whatsoever would make for a great anime, too.
Sarene

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Mine would probably, no, most definitely be a yummy shonen-ai. A delicious combination of violence, cigarettes, attractive men, and splashes of comedy. I could go on and on about how I would make the characters LOOK, but I'm sure that isn't the intention here. There really isn't a storyline that I've ever conjured up in my head that I could just spout out here, but I know it would probably be some form of an adventure, wrought with peril and violence? Ya, that sounds good. And boy love. hahahaha yes....
Riyousha

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quote
If I made anime, they'd be based on events from the past (i.e. History, Mythology and Bible Times). But those types of anime will just be mangas produced by me in the future later on in my future life.

Good example of a history manga include the legend of King Arthur, Acient Roman times and events such as gladiators kicking the *honk* outta eachother with weapons until one of them dies (that kind of manga about that would be loosely based) and the spoiler[destruction of Pompeii caused by Mt. Vesuvius], and the event from the 20th century where Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. These history dojinshi will each by set from ancient times to the 20th century. But I'll have to do research on certain events that happened in the past. I'll use Wikipedia.

My mythology-based mangas would be considered awesome to most people in this site since that the Mythological themes in them will be amazing despite them being in a manga. Most of them will be based on Greek Mythology.

And the only Bible-based manga I'll publish will be about a part of the old testament called Exodus, which is about Moses as spoiler[he saves his people from the clutches of an evil Pharoh.] The styles and character design would be similar to the style in seinen mangas and shonen mangas for older demographics like Death Note (except my manga about the Exodus will be for everyone). The plagues will be interesting as well in it.

So Ill just make them dojinshi rather than anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
freezespell

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote
if i made my own anime, it would be loosely based on a webcomic that I am working on. While my webcomic primarily focuses on comedy, the anime would have comedy, action, and some dark tones in the beginning. One of the plot devices would be the changing relationship between a girl and a guy. When they first meet, as a result of the guy traumatizing one of her new friends, they hate each other so badly, they even exchange physical blows at one time, but as the story progresses, they start to like each other, eventually going out, getting engaged, and, at the end, get married. Sounds like a typical shojo anime but I would also throw in a Beverly Hills 90210-like school setting for both high school and college, a few enemies wanting to take over the world, and DBZ-like fight scenes. I would also give the girl a few allies to save the world and a human-like alien to give them the powers they need to accomplish just that. It would definitely be something interesting for me to work on.
Moros

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
XVII

Last edited by Moros on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Eruanna

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
I want ever so desperatly, to see an anime about merpeople. I would love to make it myself.
Set completly underwater. It is an entirely untapped genre. Imagine this: If merpeople were real, what would their lives be like? There are alot of crazy scary creatures living underwater. Giant squids, all those deep sea fish, you could even work mythology into it like sea dragons, and what have you.
The lives of the merpeople in, say, a tribal village of merpeople (would merpeople live in tribal villages? Maybe they would have a monarchy. ) would be fascinating. What kinds of pets would they keep? Would there be different races of merpeople like we have different races of humans? Maybe instead of different skin colours, they would have different scale colours. Would there be racism between the mer races?
They would probably be constantly on the alert for something like a giant squid attack. I can just imagine merman warriors with spears all at the ready, defending their city from the giant squid. Oh it would be glorious. And there are so many different legends about merpeople that you could build on.
The mer world would never even need to interact in the slightest with the above world of people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
If I could make an anime, it would be an action/fantasy with shounen and shoujo elements. I'd use several ideas from other series and try to make something original. I plan on writing this out as a story at some point, so it's fairly developed at the moment. The hero will be FAR from perfect, and some bad choices will eventually lead to his downfall. The ending I came up with actually made me feel kinda depressed.(that was my goal, but I didn't think I'd feel so sad about it myself)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1