• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] What happened to Morwen Laicoriel?!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10円

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
No, I'm not kidding. I've been wondering about this for a while now. So I finally did a search so I could send a PM. But, then I clicked on her blog link and saw this entry from the same day as her last post on ANN...

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Sunday, February 25, 2007
The American Anime Awards

Hey all,

I'm still not completely better (and I still don't know what's wrong with my head...but it's not a blood clot, CAT scan came back negative), but I wanted to at least do a post on the American Anime Awards.

Going back a little further...

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Sunday, February 18, 2007
Extended Hiatus

Okay...so...you guys are probably wondering where I disappeared to. ^^;; Well...I've got some kinda bad news.

About two weeks ago (the day of my last post, actually), I slipped on some ice and fell. I didn't feel too bad at the time (my head and neck just hurt a little), so at the time I didn't really worry about it.

Well, since then I've been really dizzy (and nauseated because I get motion sick), and about a week ago double vision started. At first I thought it was just some sort of flu (don't ask me why, I just didn't connect the fall to it at first), so I just told myself I'd rest a little and eventually I'd be feeling better.

Ahahahahaha, no.

I went to the doctor yesterday since this wouldn't go away. The doctor looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I had fell and hit my head and didn't get it checked out until now. ^^; Turns out I probably either have a concussion, or a blood clot on my brain. (Yeah. I'm an idiot.) I won't know for sure until my insurance approves a CAT scan.

I don't think it's a life-or-death situation (my doctor probably would've just sent me to the hospital right away if that was the case), so don't be too worried about me...but until I can get this all cleared up, I'm really feeling too bad to update much (if at all). x.x;; I know I'm already pretty far behind with reviews and articles I need to do, so I'll try to get back into the habit of posting as soon as this is cleared up.

Does anybody know what happened and if she ever got better? I'm actually rather concerned at this point considering the previous comments on her blog and the lack of updates since then.

[Added "OT" tag ~Zalis]

Last edited by 10円 on Thu May 03, 2007 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote
Glad its not a blood clot, and I hope things get better soon.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
I wish her getting well soon. Every anime fan should remember what happened to Mr. Kaneto Shiozawa. Moral: contact your doctor as soon as possible after a head or neck injury, no matter how trivial it may seem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
10円

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I wish her getting well soon. Every anime fan should remember what happened to Mr. Kaneto Shiozawa. Moral: contact your doctor as soon as possible after a head or neck injury, no matter how trivial it may seem.

Oh man, don't talk like that. I didn't know Morwen very well, but I knew enough to be extremely disheartened if anything foul ever befell her. Hopefully she'll pipe up eventually and prove that I'm nothing but an overly concerned worrywart who can't keep his unfounded fears to himself. At least that's what I'm sincerely hoping.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
Oh Holy Heck! Thanks for posting this 10 yen!

Let me add my wishes that you are doing all right as well! I hope that you are feeling better and will come back to us soon!
Mephistophilus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
I likewise wish her as well as possible as quickly as possible. Head/neck injuries can be sneaky, especially after car accidents... Had a friend who had to be hospitalized for three days 2 weeks after a relatively minor car bump. I really hope nothing bad has happened to her, but we do have to remember to go to the doctor's office if we hit trouble.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quote
Same here... Hope she gets well.

A friend of mine once collided with one of the goalposts in a soccer game, and he had to be taken to the hospital. Things seemed to be all right, until he suddenly collapsed and had to have a surgery... He had a blood clot. He almost died, but his sister Viviana, his GF Carolina (who lives in Spain) and me (his "2nd big sis") prayed a lot for his recovery, and now he's playing soccer like mad again.

So Morwen, best wishes wherever you are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kolibri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quote
I was thinking of her too when I was writing about Princess Tutu the other day in the "Great Endings" thread... I've sent her an email, she'll come by I'm sure if she's ok.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Haven't spoken to her much but I've always seen her posts. Hope things work out and she can get better. Ice can do a lot for you.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Good grief, I knew she hadn't been around lately but I had not idea it might be something serious! I've enjoyed reading her posts in the past and she seems like a very nice person.

I sincerely hope that whatever problem she is having will turn out to be something minor and that she'll be back with us soon. My thoughts are with her and I hope that that everything works out.

Come back soon MorwenLaicoriel with news that you're doing just fine.
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow I had no idea, I hope she is ok...I didn't talk to her alot but really I wouldn't want anybody on here to get hurt. I'll be praying for you Morwen.
10円

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
Well folks, I tried everything I could think of. PM's, email's, blog comments, whatever. Nothing ever came back. I just wanted to give this thread one last bump in case anybody else knows what happened to Morwen. Lots of people leave ANN at some point or another but that final blog entry just gives me shivers whenever I think about it. Even now I can't seem to forget about it completely.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the update and for trying.

I have to say my heart skipped a beat when I saw the topic notifcation for this thread. I'm also a little teary-eyed right now.

Morwen, I hope that you are okay and that you will be coming back to us soon!
kolibri

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
Ya, I tried too Sad Even if she's in a bad spot right now, hopefully she'll get our messages at some point and will come and say hi.
jetz

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
I don't know her since she probably stopped posting when I first came in, but I hope she's doing well. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2