• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Revised Air Gear 1

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but Del Rey is releasing the corrected version of Air Gear Volume 1 (manga) very soon and here's what their newsletter says about it:
Quote:
AIR GEAR — REVISED EDITION

Hitting stores soon is the next printing of Air Gear Volume 1, with the authentic text fully restored. To make it them easier to spot for those of you who've been waiting for them, we've marked the revised editions with the text "REVISED EDITION" in the bottom right corner of the back cover.
As a firm anti-censorship guy, this is welcome news. I willing to forgive Del Rey for their earlier mistake. Also, I appreciate them marking the revised edition as such so that a guy like me can tell the difference.

Also from the newsletter, this awesome description for Princess Resurrection:
Quote:
Princess Resurrection. The cover tells you everything you need to do about this ridiculously cool book. Yes, that is a girl in a goth-loli maid outfit swinging a bloody chainsaw. Picture Buffy starring in a sublime Evil Dead-type splatterfest and you have Princess Resurrection.
Ahh, Del Rey. Thanks for Hime.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I really love Del Rey. Not only are they correcting their mistakes, but they're smart enough to make it easy to find the new revised edition. Does anyone know if they'll be including colored pages again?
Facade19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I am sorry, but what was the issue in the first place that caused Del Rey had to fix it (I am oblivious, so any clarification would be highly appreciated). Smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
There was one scene where, in the original, it was mentioned that one character's sister was raped (they didn't actually show it) by a gang. In the first Del Rey version they changed the dialogue, they changed it in a way that glossed over that little fact, though I don't remember quite how they changed it.
Facade19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Ah thank you very much.
coldmug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:49 am Reply with quote
i was just wondering something i started to collect this series of manga and i have the first version and not the revised edition. So the thing i was wondering is it it only a few mistakes or should i go and get the revised edition. Than i was also wondering if any one knows yet if the revised edition is in stores yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jgreen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote
coldmug wrote:
i was just wondering something i started to collect this series of manga and i have the first version and not the revised edition. So the thing i was wondering is it it only a few mistakes or should i go and get the revised edition. Than i was also wondering if any one knows yet if the revised edition is in stores yet.

It wasn't a "mistake." Del Rey had changed some of the dialogue to soften/cover up the fact that spoiler[one of the characters had been raped]. This new revised edition changes the dialogue to be a more accurate translation. Honestly, though, the change only affects something like 3 pages, and really isn't anything to get bent out of shape over. It's certainly not worth paying $10.95 twice for....in my opinion, anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1