• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
El Cazador de la Bruja.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote
I watched the first episode last night and I enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of Bee Train's GWG anime, and I'm thinking I'll very much enjoy this series. I can't get over how much Nadie looks like Revy from Black Lagoon, but at least this time there doesn't appear to be a "Kirika twin." In Madlax, Margaret looked way too much like Kirika from Noir. It was very annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pyrex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:44 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
I watched the first episode last night and I enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of Bee Train's GWG anime, and I'm thinking I'll very much enjoy this series. I can't get over how much Nadie looks like Revy from Black Lagoon, but at least this time there doesn't appear to be a "Kirika twin." In Madlax, Margaret looked way too much like Kirika from Noir. It was very annoying.

Very Happy We seem to be hitting the all the same shows JG. But, this series also seems pretty interesting. Although, I'm not sure I'd say Nadi is a exact duplicate of Revy. To me she kind of appears to be like a Revy Light...yeah, same look(gun slinger & all), but minus the bad ass attitude. She seems to be more of a people person than Revy was, which makes more interesting since she's suppose to be like a bounty hunter. I guess this will be another wait & see for me.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I quite like El Cazador de la Bruja. I haven't seen Noir or Madlax, so I have nothing to compare it with, but all in all, I thought it was pretty good. I like Nadie (I think it's spelled Nadie, like the spanish word Nadie, which means no one...maybe her name will play a part later?) and Ellis is okay...a little to cliche for my tastes. The latin american feel is kinda different and cool and the music is pretty good. The OP was average and the ED was pretty good. I love the western adventure feel and another thing I liked was that people had varied skintones. I liked that not everyone was white and had medium and darker skin for a change. I'm looking forward to more.

NOTE: I didn't find the first episode to be so impressive but I think the second episode picked up the pace.
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote
3rd Eppie comming soon, anyone willing to watch it?

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
CanSomebodySayMedic wrote:
3rd Eppie comming soon, anyone willing to watch it?

Probably not, I think that if I come back to this series I will be in the Summer when I don't have such a full plate of Work, School. and also I am currently watching about 5 other series with more promise.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Spotted in episode 4, at around the 16-17 minute mark: A city skyline with a skyscraper featuring a neon light logo: NOIR.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Spotted in episode 4, at around the 16-17 minute mark: A city skyline with a skyscraper featuring a neon light logo: NOIR.

- abunai

Yeah, and apparently the sign opposite it (MDX) referes to Madlax, according to the trivia in the encyclopedia entry for Cazador.

So, how about the sniper kitty in the ED? Between that and the creepy stalker guy getting a little too excited watching Ellis use her power in the 2nd episode, I can't take this show too seriously. I mainly watching this show because I find Ellis' and Nadie's demeanors amusing.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
abunai wrote:

- abunai

Yeah, and apparently the sign opposite it (MDX) referes to Madlax, according to the trivia in the encyclopedia entry for Cazador.

I noticed (and thought about) that.... but no. It's close, and in conjunction with the "Noir" sign, I'd say that yes, it may be intended to refer to Madlax. But it's too vague to justify saying so for sure.

Which leads me to.... I'd better have a look at that trivia entry, in my official capacity.

Update: I've had a look at it, and I find it iffy.... but I'll let it stand.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:32 am Reply with quote
This anime has ended its run it seems. Watched up to episode 13. Has anyone else kept tabs on this series?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I've been keeping up with it but it's been pretty mediocre.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm up to episode 20-something. It gets a little more interesting towards the end when it starts piecing together the larger plot, but it's still very much a mediocre show. And then there are the seemingly random cuts to Rosenberg and his girlfriend. I think the main reason I haven't given up is I'm hoping the sniper kitty from the ED will show up somewhere. Also, I like most of the supporting cast, particularly Ricardo and Lirio (or however you want to spell it), and "Blue Eyes" (whose real name hasn't been mentioned in, like, the past 10 episodes).

Best scene in the series was when Ellis started beating the crap out of L.A. That was hilarious.
8JF

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
OT: Hi, I'm new!

Can anyone explain the ending animation of Nadie and the masked fellow waltzing about? That, and sniper kitty.

Overall the entire run feels cobbled together episodes of action comedy and too little cohesiveness to make a story of any interest. Even though it's meant to complete the Girls with Guns triad it feels more like the spiritual successor to Avenger as Nadie and Ellis seem to match Layla and Nei.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I've finished the series, and I'm unimpressed. I can deal with the ending credits having nothing to do with the series, but what was the point of Rosenberg's girlfriend? So much of the series was just throw-away unecessary. And how old is Nadie supposed to be? She looks like she's 16, but given her skills, that she's got a past with the guitarist from the one episode, and in another a waitress assumes she's married to Ricardo and Lirio is their kid. Plus I think she was shown drinking, which would put her at 21 minimum.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
I've finished the series, and I'm unimpressed. I can deal with the ending credits having nothing to do with the series, but what was the point of Rosenberg's girlfriend? So much of the series was just throw-away unecessary. And how old is Nadie supposed to be? She looks like she's 16, but given her skills, that she's got a past with the guitarist from the one episode, and in another a waitress assumes she's married to Ricardo and Lirio is their kid. Plus I think she was shown drinking, which would put her at 21 minimum.

Well you only have to be 18 or 19 to drink in Mexico I think, but anyway I finished the series as well and agree with your complaints on it. Pretty unremarkable. I consider it a fairly large underwhelming disappointment.
Zetsuei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Nadie looks like 18-19 to me.
And I liked the ending.
Ep 25 was boring as hell and beyond anticlimatic but ep 26 made up for that.

And it let's me hope for more...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3