• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon Prime Video Streams Live-Action Gokusen TV Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Hm... wonder if I should give one another try. I enjoyed the manga, and have always been a big fan of Nakama Yukie (TRICK is GOAT), but fell off the live action series in the second season, due to it feeling like just a low-effort remake of the first season (same story, different school). Maybe it got better with the third season?
simona.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:15 pm Reply with quote
OMG this is such a lovely show!
Matsujun is so spot-on, totally in character, and Shun Oguri is both stunning and great (as usual) - you get to see him before he got famous!
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I've wanted this manga in English for years. I always liked the anime. I'll have to give this a try.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 7:52 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Hm... wonder if I should give one another try. I enjoyed the manga, and have always been a big fan of Nakama Yukie (TRICK is GOAT), but fell off the live action series in the second season, due to it feeling like just a low-effort remake of the first season (same story, different school). Maybe it got better with the third season?

My suggestion is always to skip the second season for the reasons you stated,.the third season si the same, a remake of the previous season with a few new elements, so watching the first season then the third season means you get less over lap.

For Gokusen manga readers or just anybody who has not watched this, this got changed a bit from the manga to be more like gto, so this is like GTO, except that this mc is less horny than onizuka, she is still good at fighting, tho. The plotlines in GTO are better but this one is still a good watch if you are not the genre.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1