• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Most Anticipated Anime of Fall 2024

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:11 am Reply with quote
This season is honestly overwhelming, there are a lot of shows I want to watch.

I’m probably most excited for Dragon Ball Daima, Bleach, Blue Lock, Blue Box, Blue Exorcist (the three blues), and Uzumaki.
ab2143

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:32 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I’m super excited for Nina the Starry Bride even though the character designs aren’t as good as the manga imo

Also looking forward to Natsume’s Book of Friends season 7. Always down for more Nyanko-sensei!
db999

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:38 am Reply with quote
My most anticipated series are Dan Da Dan, Uzumaki, Bleach, Gun Gale Online, and Dragon Ball Daima in that order. Not really interested in any other shows this season.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:54 am Reply with quote
The previous season was somewhat calm for me, I only say somewhat given that I tend to watch about 60 to 70% of all anime every season. That makes Fall 2024 loaded as hell, I might need to be a bit more critical this time. Anyway, a few of the shows on my radar are Dandadan, Bleach, Shangri-La Frontier Season 2, Love Live! Superstar!! 3rd Season, Magilumiere Magical Girls and Negative Positive Angler among many others.

I might also try Uzumaki despite not being that into horror.
Eilavel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:09 am Reply with quote
Not especially exciting season if your not big into any of the continuation shows. A lot of sequels, even by modern standards, but the only one I'll be picking up is Gun Gale. I'll be checking out Uzumaki and Angler, maybe see if something surprises, but probably a pretty light season for me.
AniMangaNime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:17 am Reply with quote
Not a single soul anticipating Re:Zero season 3 or Bleach Cour 3 LMFAO
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:26 am Reply with quote
AniMangaNime wrote:

3 people including myself have mentioned Bleach on this very page so some people are looking forward to it. Re Zero not so much as of yet.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:30 am Reply with quote
AniMangaNime wrote:

Nick mentioned Re0 in his runner-up segment.

I'm sure some of the other reviewers are intetested as well but a Junji Ito adaptation that actually looks promising and exciting for once is a very high bar to clear, as opposed to a 3rd season of an anime 4 years out from the last one.

Also ANN is far from the only fandom space. Every PV for s3 has gotten well over a million views each, if that tells you anything

Last edited by ThatGuyWhoLikesThings on Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:32 am Reply with quote
I’m surprised none of the staff picked Natsume’s Book of Friends 7. IMO Natsume is the GOAT of all GOATs when it comes to anime, but it’s also highly regarded by most of its viewers. That one is definitely my top pick for the season.

I’m also pumped for Nina the Starry Bride. I have the manga, which is beloved by th shoujo community, on my to read list, and this anime looks so pretty. I can’t wait to see it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:47 am Reply with quote
My list:

Dan da Dan - disappointed the first three episodes didn't show up in a theatre near me.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online 2 - the only part of the SAO franchise I'm following any more.

Uzumaki - seems like Junji Ito may finally get a great anime adaptation.

Dan Machi V - I've been hearing disquieting murmurs about how this might break my heart.

Blue Exorcist - Beyond the Snow Saga: always up for more BE.

Demon Lord 2099

Shangri-La Frontier - I'm actually not super anticipating this but prepared to give it a shot to see if there will be sufficient levels of Psyger-0 to keep me around.

Orb: Movements of the Earth

A Terrified Teacher at Ghoul School

After-School Hanako-kun - enjoyed the first season a lot.

This is a much leaner diet for me than most seasons simply because I'm trying to make more room to watch shows from my physical collection, so I decided to stick to sequels of shows I've enjoyed and a few newbies that have captured my interest.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:09 am Reply with quote
Fall is all about Re:Zero and 2.5 Dimensional Seduction in my book Cool
Sekaro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:16 am Reply with quote
it just hit me how stacked this season is... Re:Zero S3, Blue Lock S2, Bleach TYBW Part 3, Shangri-La Frontier S2. The sequels are strong in this one. For me, this is already quite a bit to follow & I haven't even gotten to any new series coming out this season. Will definitely be checking out DAN DA DAN obviously. I'm also slightly intrigued by that Magical Girl Company anime even though I'm not too big on the magical girl genre but this could change my mind, who knows.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:24 am Reply with quote
I am excited for Danmachi, Re:Zero and Dan Da Dan.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:24 am Reply with quote
Just another Re;Zero simp here. I wasn't quite as into it last season as at its start, but I'm hoping it will pull me back in again hard.

The titles that look most interesting on the reviewers' list here I'm just not familiar with enough to gauge what I'll think of them, though. Maybe I'll end up obsessed with Uzumaki or Dan Da Dan...
pi8you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:28 am Reply with quote
I just want to third Jarius and Kevin on Magilumiere, that one's been a fun read and if you've got access you should give it a shot.

I've got a big list to check out as usual, and I'll have a better feel after the trailer party tonight, but right now I'm looking forward to that, Dan Da Dan, and Nina the Starry Bride for new stuff, along with the returns of Danmachi and Shangri-la Frontier.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3