• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Release Schedule for Fall 2024 Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SleepyBat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Is Chibi Maruko-chan's simulcast not continuing? I hope it's a mistake, because I've been really enjoying it since they picked it up.

Happy to see a few things I wanted to watch here though, like Acro Trip and MahoNare.
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Guessing the open slots are going to be:
Ao no Miburo
Love Live Superstar!! S3
The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Colors S2
Youkai Gakkou no Sensei Hajimemashita!
A Herbivorous Dragon of 5,000 Years Gets Unfairly Villainized S2
Party kara Tsuihou sareta Sono Chiyushi, Jitsu wa Saikyou ni Tsuki
Thunderbolt Fantasy S4

Unsure about these ones:
Touhai: Ura Rate Mahjong Touhai Roku
Haigakura
Hamidashi Creative
Puniru wa Kawaii Slime
Amritzer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Daima will overshadow everything else.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Is there a worse series to get a season II than Demon Lord Retry? I'm speaking as someone who generally likes isekais and who rates Kenjirō Tsuda as probably my favorite VA. And here's a show he stars in. Even so, it's a terrible series, and really horrendously animated to boot. Hopefully they can upgrade it some this time around.

What's everyone's personal "favorite" terrible show to get a second season? Anyway, that might be a fun topic for a column here, assuming it hasn't been done already.
Farafra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:48 pm Reply with quote
They don't have a dub airtime for Dan Da Dan. Does that mean they're only airing it subbed?
The_Daytona_500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
Is there a worse series to get a season II than Demon Lord Retry? I'm speaking as someone who generally likes isekais and who rates Kenjirō Tsuda as probably my favorite VA. And here's a show he stars in. Even so, it's a terrible series, and really horrendously animated to boot. Hopefully they can upgrade it some this time around.

What's everyone's personal "favorite" terrible show to get a second season? Anyway, that might be a fun topic for a column here, assuming it hasn't been done already.

Nearly any series that has ever had an S2? Maou-sama, Retry is one of the few actually decent isekai, there's plenty of people that don't care about animation if the content is actually good.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't Natsume in the new season picks (on CR's site)? It really should be, besides being one of my personal favorites it's a classic iyashikei and well beloved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:

Unsure about these ones:
Touhai: Ura Rate Mahjong Touhai Roku
Haigakura
Hamidashi Creative
Puniru wa Kawaii Slime

No one bothered to license previous mahjong anime, so I doubt anyone will this time as well.
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Why isn't Natsume in the new season picks (on CR's site)? It really should be, besides being one of my personal favorites it's a classic iyashikei and well beloved.

Big shonen titles and extremely popular shows are easier to market.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:19 pm Reply with quote
SleepyBat wrote:
Is Chibi Maruko-chan's simulcast not continuing? I hope it's a mistake, because I've been really enjoying it since they picked it up.

I'm worried about this too. I really hope they continue it.

Jabootu wrote:

Who's this "they" you're referring too? This series has a completely different staff than the first one. The only thing in common between the two is Kenjiro Tsuda.

Regardless, just because you don't like a series doesn't mean it doesn't have its fans. I haven't seen this one myself, but I seem to recall a fair amount of people enjoying the old one back when it aired.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:22 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:

Regardless, just because you don't like a series doesn't mean it doesn't have its fans. I haven't seen this one myself, but I seem to recall a fair amount of people enjoying the old one back when it aired.

Yeah, I would hardly recommend it, but it landed enough jokes to put it well above the actual bottom tier of narou shows. One of those 'I watched the whole thing because that season was slim pickings but I probably won't be back deals.'
Monster Man Enishi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Farafra wrote:
They don't have a dub airtime for Dan Da Dan. Does that mean they're only airing it subbed?

A total guess here, but maybe because it's also airing on Netflix, maybe they have the rights to dub it?
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Monster Man Enishi wrote:
Farafra wrote:

A total guess here, but maybe because it's also airing on Netflix, maybe they have the rights to dub it?

No, MBS is the license holder to Dan Da Dan and they are also the ones who comissioned the dub not CR nor Netflix. GK Films however has the home video distribution rights to Dan Da Dan and they had permission from MBS to premiere the English dub on Anime NYC.

Worth noting that CR isn't finished with their season dub announcements as they usually do it in waves so either they'll announce it later or if they don't then maybe Netflix has exclusivity to the English dub. We'll find out sooner or later.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:02 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ asked, regarding my stated hope that the people working on this season of Demon Lord Retry would make the show better:

Quote:
Who's this "they" you're referring too? This series has a completely different staff than the first one. The only thing in common between the two is Kenjiro Tsuda.

Oh, sorry, I meant the people working on this season of Demon Lord Retry. I thought that was obvious. I'm not sure why it matters if they are the same people or not, but that's what I meant. Hopefully I've explained this adequately now, but if not, let me know and I'll try to be more explicit.

Quote:

Wait, is this real? Seriously? Other people can have different opinions than me?! What?! Crazy. Thanks for cluing me in on this vital and amazingly surprising information. I'll make sure never to offer an opinion on whether something is good or bad now that I know somewhere in the world there are people who disagree with my opinion. Thanks, chum! You really did me a solid here.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Farafra wrote:

This or the dub is not going to air on Crunchyroll and will probably be on Hulu or Netflix.. who knows…
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2