• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Level 5's Jeanne d'Arc Game Launches for PS Plus on PS5, PS4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I’ve always wanted to play this, what cool news.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sony announced that Level 5's Jeanne d'Arc game has launched for PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium Members for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on Tuesday.

Its only available to the Premium Members tier as part of the subscription, not the Extra Members tier. It is however available to everyone to buy for $9.99 USD if you want to play it without having to become a Premium Member.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:59 pm Reply with quote
So does the PS4/PS5 have a functioning PSP emulator now, or is this gonna be something closer to a remaster?

I remember playing this game back on my old Vita, ages ago (which reminds me: I should probably fish it out of my closet to make sure the battery hasn't exploded), and what I remember most about it is just... how clumsy it was, in many respects not-uncommon among SRPG without "Disgaea" or "Fire Emblem" in the title. Not sure how up I'd be for a replay without a few little QoL improvements.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
So does the PS4/PS5 have a functioning PSP emulator now, or is this gonna be something closer to a remaster?

Sony now has an emulator for running PSP, PS1 and PS2 games on PS4/5.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:31 am Reply with quote
I remember enjoying this one on the PSP. Maybe I'll go dig out my old copy.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:41 am Reply with quote
So any chance Sony will make any PS5 games for the PS5?
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:15 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
So any chance Sony will make any PS5 games for the PS5?

I’d genuinely prefer if they keep porting over cult classics that I haven’t had a chance to play yet.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:31 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
I’d genuinely prefer if they keep porting over cult classics that I haven’t had a chance to play yet.

I don’t think this is a you thing people still expect Nintendo to bring over the rest of the GameCube’s back catalog either through NSO or remasters for example. So it is kinda funny to snark at publishers not yet pulling the plug on PS4 ports or bringing over old games to PS Plus or whatever.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:32 am Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong, it's nice to get ports of old classics like Grandia (and allowing me to net a good sale for my copy on Ebay), and it would be nice to get some PS3 ports seeing as how I completely skipped over that gen entirely. I'm just feeling there hasn't been that many developers taking advantage of the current hardware to come up with something truly original.

Still, knowing how much hot water the game development industry has been soaking in lately, I wouldn't want them to rush things out or anything. There have already been several train wrecks released and enough money wasted to end a third world nation.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting too old for video games anymore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1