• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Box TV Anime to Stream on Netflix This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Netflix and TMS seem to be pretty tight so not surprised Netflix will be streaming this.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Glad Netflix is over their batch releases for weekly series at least
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Hope for 24-26 episodes to air!
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:45 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Glad Netflix is over their batch releases for weekly series at least

Yeah, it would’ve been painful to have to wait (at least) three to four months for the first batch.

If only Four Knights was that lucky…
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Considering Netflix' acquisition of TMS and romance anime, this makes a lot of sense.

Thank goodness it's going to be released weekly as well.
OrangeRafi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:39 am Reply with quote
I would have preffered if this is somwhere like CR instead of a non-anime centric streaming service. But at least it's not on Disney Plus which would mean an instant death for the anime. And Netflix somehow learned from their mistakes and streaming anime on a weekly now.

Hopefully this is at least a 2 cour and not jjust the standard 12/13 episode animes that come out nowadays, I do love the manga and hopefully more people will like it when they watch the anime.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:05 am Reply with quote
OrangeRafi wrote:
I would have preffered if this is somwhere like CR instead of a non-anime centric streaming service. But at least it's not on Disney Plus which would mean an instant death for the anime. And Netflix somehow learned from their mistakes and streaming anime on a weekly now.

Hopefully this is at least a 2 cour and not jjust the standard 12/13 episode animes that come out nowadays, I do love the manga and hopefully more people will like it when they watch the anime.

I hope so too!
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:35 am Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
OrangeRafi wrote:

I hope so too!

I too would have preferred this to have gone to CR but for what it’s worth anime seems to do decent on Netflix for the most part (Dungeon Meshi seems to have been a success for them). I am also glad this didn’t end up on Disney Plus as well as I have completely lost faith in them when it comes to anime since they just bury any anime they get.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:21 am Reply with quote
The only reason I would prefer it to be on Crunchyroll is because they are (usually) (somewhat) better at subtitles. Other than that, I really want Netflix to learn the lesson of My Happy Marriage and stop thinking anime has been be all edgelord all the time. This is a good step forward on getting away from a near constant focus on action stuff. Also, if anime is to continue to grow, it's essential that a variety of shows are on Netflix, or....OK, just Netflix, really. Only Amazon has nearly the reach of Netflix, and they've been hapless with anime. And Disney / Hulu / whatever have largely been anime graveyards.

More people are watching anime on Netflix now that in any other manner at any other time. Also, if nothing else, I tend to like anything that diminishes Sony's near monopoly on anime here. That's the best reason to support HiDive! (plus it's still quite cheap), but Netflix remains the only successful option for a company that can financially complete with Crunchyroll.

Netlix does need to update their menu system though so that you can easily call up an A-Z list of all their anime.
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:28 am Reply with quote
Sadness. I guess I won’t be buying blu rays for this then. As one of the few physical media collectors left, I cannot stand Netflix. So few of their shows actually get blu ray releases and it makes me sad. Shame too because I love the Blue Box manga.

Still waiting for Komi blu rays Sad
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:44 am Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
The only reason I would prefer it to be on Crunchyroll is because they are (usually) (somewhat) better at subtitles. Other than that, I really want Netflix to learn the lesson of My Happy Marriage and stop thinking anime has been be all edgelord all the time. This is a good step forward on getting away from a near constant focus on action stuff. Also, if anime is to continue to grow, it's essential that a variety of shows are on Netflix, or....OK, just Netflix, really. Only Amazon has nearly the reach of Netflix, and they've been hapless with anime. And Disney / Hulu / whatever have largely been anime graveyards.

More people are watching anime on Netflix now that in any other manner at any other time. Also, if nothing else, I tend to like anything that diminishes Sony's near monopoly on anime here. That's the best reason to support HiDive! (plus it's still quite cheap), but Netflix remains the only successful option for a company that can financially complete with Crunchyroll. Somewhat off topic but while I don’t want Sony to have a monopoly on anime I also don’t want to have to pay for like 5 different services to watch anime lol I think having Netflix, Hidive, and Crunchyroll for anime is more than enough.

I know people have issues with Hidive but I personally like them and like you said the subscription is affordable so I don’t mind paying for them. I would have preferred Blue Box going to CR mainly because they would have marketed the series pretty well but I think Netflix is also a good option for show (much better than Disney getting it at least).

Netlix does need to update their menu system though so that you can easily call up an A-Z list of all their anime.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93, you forgot to post the part telling me what a jackass I am!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1