• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mega Man X DiVE Smartphone Game to End Global Service on July 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:05 am Reply with quote
It's sad how this smartphone game wasn't an actual console game release considering how many characters they created for the X series but treated it all like a gatcha game. I mean even in that Capcom poll from some weeks ago X was voted as the third best character behind Dante and Leon so I'm not the only one who wants him in another game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:09 am Reply with quote
I’d rather have Maverick Hunter X2.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:07 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
It's sad how this smartphone game wasn't an actual console game release considering how many characters they created for the X series but treated it all like a gatcha game.

Teeeeechnically the offline version gives the game enough rebalances to kiiiiiind of qualify for that. The opening of the game is deceptively simple - once it stops tutorialising you, it's pretty on par with X8. I would however still prefer to see something that looks a bit more like X4 or the Zero series get released. The only thing scratching that itch sufficiently these days is 30XX.

I don't know if it's fair to use the word "deceptive", but I've been through enough mis-managed MMO closures to know what something looks like when its dead in the water. Living through various shutterings of Phantasy Star and no mention of any classic RPGs from the series in ages.... Sega gutted PSO2 to fleece everyone with New Genesis and now it's headed this direction too.

The moment the Capcom devs moved on, Nebula's version was going to end the instant that either their license ran out or their version stopped being profitable. That they were saying otherwise the whole.... well I mean, Capcom ripped the rug from under them, so would you admit to your audience you were selling a lemon if you clearly had a year left to keep distributing a surplus of product that was now defunct?

It was still worth playing. The Monster Hunter and Street Fighter events were really cool. It wasn't just a throwaway phone game, and at the end of the day, this closure is not a win for MMX fans.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:03 am Reply with quote
I hope this isn't another end for the MMX property...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1