• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Gets Sequel RPG for Switch, PS5, PS4, PC in Winter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:11 am Reply with quote
I actually really enjoyed the last Fairy Tail game, so I’m definitely picking this up.
lealex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:51 am Reply with quote
Well this is a surprise. I was sure the original bombed and was only followed up by a pachinko arcade game also called "Fairy Tail 2". I was real upset too, because I liked the first game myself.
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that we're actually getting a sequel. Hope the sequel will improve everything from its predecessor and will include an English language voiceover option!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I never expected this to get a sequel, let alone one covering the finale arc. Will probably do a better job adapting it than the anime did.

Also moving from turn based to real time combat.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:39 am Reply with quote
This was a surprise announcement because ain't no one knowledgeable expected a sequel, especially when the first game bombed, and the Day 1 false marketing deception. This games fate is sealed.
Flash33

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:19 am Reply with quote
I still need to finish watching the final season as I've been putting it off for a long time. Gameplay seems interesting enough though. As an English Dub watcher it's a little annoying how they used the JP voices here but it's not surprising since games based on anime rarely bring the dub cast back these days (One Piece and Sword Art Online are especially bad with this with OP not using the current English cast since Wiis Unlimited Adventure (the only game to use the Funimation VAs) & SAO never using them outside of the crossover DLC in Tales of Arise). It's possible that it will have an ENG dub & it's just not ready yet but I sadly doubt it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1