• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key's New Romantic Adventure Game anemoi Launches in 2025

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wangen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Someone should make modern Air and Kanon remakes.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Great to see Key finally reveal their new full-length title. I really hope it succeeds!
The characters looks nice and the scenario sounds like it has plenty of room for Key to do their thing. Smile
(Koyomi's really cute.)

Wangen wrote:
Someone should make modern Air and Kanon remakes.

If you're referring to the visual novels:
Both already got modern HD ports on Switch fairly recently. I don't think a full remake is really necessary.
They could maybe do a full re-invention of the story and make it more modern, but honestly I think a big part of the appeal of Kanon and Air is how 'of their time' they are, both in story and appearance. Plus, right now I think Key should be focusing on their future and what they can do from here with new titles like anemoi.

If you're referring to the anime adaptations:
Air and Kanon are pretty legendary icons from Kyoto Animation's history. While a modern remake could explore the original stories from a new angle, I think it'd be difficult to 'top' the KyoAni originals and what they mean to the fans who grew up with those. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I also don't find it particularly necessary.
If there are new fans wanting to get into Key's works via anime, I think suggesting those old anime as-is would be perfectly suitable.
Wangen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:00 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
If you're referring to the anime adaptations:
Air and Kanon are pretty legendary icons from Kyoto Animation's history. While a modern remake could explore the original stories from a new angle, I think it'd be difficult to 'top' the KyoAni originals and what they mean to the fans who grew up with those. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I also don't find it particularly necessary.
If there are new fans wanting to get into Key's works via anime, I think suggesting those old anime as-is would be perfectly suitable.
Cool.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I like how they don't even hide the sister is one of the Heroines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1