• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monogatari Series Off & Monster Season Anime's Character Video Highlights Koyomi Araragi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:28 am Reply with quote
They put those scenes in Araragi's trailer... Kinda a reason that made me reject some story arcs.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:50 am Reply with quote
Can *SOMEBODY* who knows somebody at Crunchyroll get them to make available the final three episodes of Bakemonogatari? Surely a new Monogatari series will have people checking out, you know, the very first season of the franchise. It would be nice if they could actually see the entire Tsubasa Cat arc, since so much of the seasons that follow derive directly from it. Am I the only person driven to distraction by the fact that three of the series' 15 episodes are legally unavailable?
James02

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:30 am Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
Can *SOMEBODY* who knows somebody at Crunchyroll get them to make available the final three episodes of Bakemonogatari? Surely a new Monogatari series will have people checking out, you know, the very first season of the franchise. It would be nice if they could actually see the entire Tsubasa Cat arc, since so much of the seasons that follow derive directly from it. Am I the only person driven to distraction by the fact that three of the series' 15 episodes are legally unavailable?

I don't think it's possible. Those episodes (13-15) are OVAs and Crunchyroll doesn't liscense OVAs. At least it's easy to watch everywhere else.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:31 pm Reply with quote
The legend is back!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:06 pm Reply with quote
James02 wrote:

I don't think it's possible. Those episodes (13-15) are OVAs and Crunchyroll doesn't liscense OVAs. At least it's easy to watch everywhere else.

CR has multiple OVAs on their site. Also, Funimation did have the license to those episodes.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:00 am Reply with quote
Much sooner then I thought and I can't wait!
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:57 pm Reply with quote
It's weird seeing Araragi in college when most of my friends who were fans of this have moved on IRL. Kinda feels like we only just now got news about what happened to that one missing friend.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:35 am Reply with quote
Yes, they were on Funimation before [most of] the series got ported over to Crunchyroll. And these aren't largely unconnected side stories, like the OVAs for K-On!, for instance. These consist of one of the entire Monogatari universe's most pivotal and foundational arcs. Man, I wish Bakemonogatari was still available on Amazon where I first saw it. They managed to get all 15 episodes posted.

By the way, given the prices of the American sets, I figure it would actually be cheaper to buy a region-free blu ray player and buy the far cheaper (if not cheap) UK sets. It's crazy to jump through that many hoops, but this Crunchyroll situation demonstrates exactly why it's essential to own physical media.

Crunchyroll still recommends Bakemonogatari to me regularly, which is infuriating when they have made the entire series available. And with a brand new skein premiering next season? What a stupid lapse.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1