• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Concert Market Grew 195% in 2021, But is Still Half of Pre-Pandemic Revenue

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenfra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:37 am Reply with quote
Tbh COVID was still wrecking havoc in 21. I'm more optimistic for 22
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:38 am Reply with quote
The capacity cap wasn't lifted til a decent bit into 2022 and the venues had been secured to either allow max allowance or had already anticipated for it still being 50%. Hoping they realize this is some that needs to stay and not go back to the pre COVID day and not stream them anymore. It's such a great benefit for those who don't win the lottery for a ticket or those overseas who want to see it but due to their schedule can't travel to go see it. Got to catch BNF day 2 and Sunrich Colorful day 2 cause of streaming as I had in person day 1 tickets for both.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:27 am Reply with quote
considering that covid was still highly active not just in 2021 even in 2022 and the tourist industry which also plays a part did not even open its border till this month, it is not that surprising.

and speaking of tourist industry opening now, i expect it wont completely recover till 2023 at least.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:50 am Reply with quote
As an attendee of Animelo Summer Live concerts since 2011 (except for 2014, the cancelled 2020 concerts and 2021 when tourists weren't permitted to enter Japan) and some Animax Musix Yokohama concerts during 2013-2019, I'm glad to see this reported in ANN.

For reference, in 2022, Animelo Summer Live audiences were 20,000 per concert compared with the 27,000 capacity at Saitama Super Arena for such concerts. Concert-goers in 2022 had to be fully masked, undergo temperature checks and were not allowed to eat or use their voices during the performances.

Pre-COVID-19 there were many, sometimes elaborate, call-and-response actions between the anime song singers and their audiences.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1