• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix U.S. to Release Fullmetal Alchemist The Final Alchemy on September 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:44 am Reply with quote
Cool! More work for Edward Elric's official English voice actor, Caleb Yen! Very Happy
chudmaru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Seems like intentionally re-cast everyone from the old anime dub with Asian American voice-actors. I suppose it makes sense since white and black people voicing Japanese characters would be pretty weird. At least Todd Haberkorn gets to reprise his role. I generally watch live-action subbed though. Dubbed live-action is just weird. I will miss Vic Mignogna, Maxey Whitehead, Travis Willingham, Michael Tatum, and all the OG cast though.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:15 pm Reply with quote
chudmaru wrote:
Seems like intentionally re-cast everyone from the old anime dub with Asian American voice-actors. I suppose it makes sense since white and black people voicing Japanese characters would be pretty weird. At least Todd Haberkorn gets to reprise his role. I generally watch live-action subbed though. Dubbed live-action is just weird. I will miss Vic Mignogna, Maxey Whitehead, Travis Willingham, Michael Tatum, and all the OG cast though.

They had already largely re-cast the entire crew for the first live action film, with only Vic, Caitlin, and Aaron reprising their roles. With Vic gone and Aaron presumably on vocal rest when they recorded this, only Caitlin came back as Winry for the second and third films.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1