• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan Considers Entry to Foreign Tourists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuma991

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm Reply with quote
How is "triple vaxxed, tested and in an organized group" similar to others in G7? Literally anyone is welcome in my country right now, regardless of COVID status.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I hope for the best...
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:08 pm Reply with quote
kuma991 wrote:
How is "triple vaxxed, tested and in an organized group" similar to others in G7? Literally anyone is welcome in my country right now, regardless of COVID status.

Where do you get "in an organised group" from? The article says nothing of the sort.
mjvito

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:39 pm Reply with quote
"Those wishing to visit must have undergone three COVID-19 vaccination shots and be part of a package tour with a fixed itinerary, FNN said, citing multiple government officials."

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/05/06/national/japan-border-controls-g7/
psipsy

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:38 am Reply with quote
For perspective: According to tourism.jp, in 2018 and 2019, Japan had an average of almost 100k foreigners arriving daily. So a daily max of 20k is still leaning heavy on the brakes. They'll probably require tourism visas to that end. I'm gonna wait until 2023 before making any plans.
#hiros7039

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 4:37 pm Reply with quote
psipsy wrote:
For perspective: According to tourism.jp, in 2018 and 2019, Japan had an average of almost 100k foreigners arriving daily. So a daily max of 20k is still leaning heavy on the brakes. They'll probably require tourism visas to that end. I'm gonna wait until 2023 before making any plans.

Also to take note that the large percentage of tourists came from China where tourism travel is currently restricted and numbers followed by Taiwan and Hong Kong.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:36 am Reply with quote
mjvito wrote:
"Those wishing to visit must have undergone three COVID-19 vaccination shots and be part of a package tour with a fixed itinerary, FNN said, citing multiple government officials."

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/05/06/national/japan-border-controls-g7/

This sounds about as accessible as those discounts that were "offered" after the 2018 earthquake in Hokkaido that no-one seemed to be able to take advantage of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1