• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deep Discount DVD 20% off sale!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote
It's back! 20% off all already available DVDs (no preorders). There will probably be multiple coupon codes, but the one I got is:

SUPERSALE

The sale dates are 11/10 to 11/18.

Off to do some shopping! Very Happy

edit: Here's another coupon code: PRICESEARCH

Last edited by ManOfRust on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
undeadben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up. My email somehow won't allow the deepdiscount newsletters, keeps blocking them as junk (and yet somehow I still get real spam and junk regularly, stupid hotmail Mad ) so I was hoping I wouldn't miss this when it came up.

My stupid email also keeps trying to tell me all my shipping info from deepdiscount, and rightstuf too, are junk and is trying to get me to block them, and yet I still keep getting regular idiotic mail form people trying to scam me in some way or another.

Ok forgetting the mini rant, anyone looking for a good price on DVDs, anime or otherwise, should check this out. Too bad pre-orders are not included, I'd love to add the upcoming FLCL box, but still great stuff.
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote
aww nuts and I just ordered Gatchaman Collection 9 and Macross volume 6 on Tuesday and then i got their email yesterday about their sale Sad oh well there's somemore DVD's I may get before the sale ends like FMP:TSR and the special edition of FMA the Movie

Mary
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote
Here are some additional coupon codes in case anyone needs to put in more than a single order:

DVDTALK
ESPN
NYTIMES
USATODAY
YAHOO
LATIMES
Jabberwock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have any good deals they have found?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
Jabberwock wrote:
Anyone have any good deals they have found?

I'm trying to get ahead on Christmas shopping so I've been trying to avoid looking at any anime because I'll ending spending on myself instead, but I still ran into a few things that were really tempting: A Pretear thinpak box would cost just 19.19 after the discount, a .hack//sign complete collection (anime legends) would cost just 24.19, a Saikano box would be 42.23, a Kiddy Grade box is 43.55, and the one thing I did talk myself into buying was a copy of my favorite animated film Millennium Actress, easy choice since it only cost 7.54.

Last edited by undeadben on Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
I just bought that $24.19 .hack//sign set. I picked up a bunch of other box sets that seemed like good deals as well, including Witch Hunter Robin Anime Legends Complete Collection for $24.19, and the first Wolf's Rain Anime Legends Collection (too bad they don't have the second one) for $19.36. I saw all these series on TV and am really looking forward to being able to see the DVD quality picture and also hearing the original Japanese.

I have also been wanting to check out Gunslinger Girl for a long time, mostly due to the favorable comments by a lot of people here (I'm lookin' at you, undeadben) and they had the complete box set for $24.19.

I picked up some other stuff too. I'll post it all in the "what did you just buy" topic after it arrives. Their prices tend to be pretty good anyway, and when you take another 20% off they are really hard to beat. Their service is usually good, too. I placed my order just after midnight on Thursday and got the notice it had shipped on Saturday afternoon.

The last deal I am holding out for it the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie limited edition. It's not out until Tuesday, so it's not eligible for the sale yet, but they have it available for preorder at $17.75. With the 20% discount (which should apply after it's released on Tuesday) it's only $14.20. For some reason, they have it listed cheaper than the regular edition. I just hope it's not some sort of pricing error.

Edit (11/14): Well, I went back to buy the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie today (Tuesday) and, sure enough, the price on the limited edition has been raised to $27.21. Anime cry I guess that's what I get for being a greedy cheapskate and hoping I could get the cheap price and the 20% discount. Even now, after subtracting the 20% discount it's a good deal, but it's still more than if I had just bought it as a pre-order instead of trying to be clever.

Last edited by ManOfRust on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:05 am Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
I have also been wanting to check out Gunslinger Girl for a long time, mostly due to the favorable comments by a lot of people here (I'm lookin' at you, undeadben) and they had the complete box set for $24.19.

Who? Me? Very Happy Actually skimming though your public list I don't think you'll be dissapointed, especially at that price.

Quote:
The last deal I am holding out for it the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie limited edition. It's not out until Tuesday, so it's not eligible for the sale yet, but they have it available for preorder at $17.75. With the 20% discount (which should apply after it's released on Tuesday) it's only $14.20. For some reason, they have it listed cheaper than the regular edition. I just hope it's not some sort of pricing error.

The price should be right, I notice they often add more of a discount to pre-orders and new releases. That's probably why they don't allow the extra 20% on pre-orders.
daxomni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I got some decent deals, but nothing truly great. I tried expedited shipping for the first time, but they're still just sitting on my order like always. They should probably explain that you need to add a week or two of doing nothing before your order will ship. It's not too often that you find a shop that takes a week to ship something overnight.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:57 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
I got some decent deals, but nothing truly great. I tried expedited shipping for the first time, but they're still just sitting on my order like always. They should probably explain that you need to add a week or two of doing nothing before your order will ship. It's not too often that you find a shop that takes a week to ship something overnight.

Odd, I choose free shipping and generally get my stuff a week and a day from when I ordered it.

This time, though, one of my items doesn't restock until the 27th, so it'll be interesting to see if they ship what they have and send it later, or wait until it's in to send out the whole thing (ordered both Banner of the Stars boxes, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, and the Stratos 4 OVAs using the discount...only came out to about $68, down from $85).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:

Working in the item process/shipping department for a large company, I can tell you it's not that easy as a robot that zoom around a giant warehouse retriving all the order at amazing pace. If you have 25-75 worker that are assign to process order (retrieve item), how many you think they can process a day, especially in such a huge warehouse. Once item are retrieve, they have to go through checking stage, then a packaging stage. During sale like DDD, you're getting like 10K+ of order a day, it's not a simple task unless they hire additional people. Now a small company with no sale going on, you can get your order process quicker, but large company like Amazon, DDD, even Rightstuf will take some time during sales. Also an item can go out of stock anytime and they have to backorder or delay until a new shipment comes in each day. You can expect a lot of the worker/packager are working overtime to get all the order outs.Very Happy

Item with overnight shipping usually have more priority than the other item. I'll probably be waiting 2-3 weeks for my order to shipped. Arrow
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1