• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation May 2014 Solicitations

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
Altacia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Yey!

Shiki is finally going to be available for a reasonable price. Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I hadn't even noticed that Shiki Part 1 & 2 had been de-listed at TRSI. Guess it's the S.A.V.E. version for me.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Save Edition already for Shiki without even a regular complete collection? It must have sold pretty badly for them. Which makes me sad since it's a great show. Sad

There are some things that interest me for May like Aquarion EVOL and Fairy Tail but those are not priority buys so I'll probably wait for more space-saving collections.

Also those Rightstuf links are dead (with the exception of the Lain Link). They must have taken them down or something.
MythicalFangNZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Yay for Haganai NEXT. I didn't expect to see that on this list for May. Will be getting it. Also should say that One Piece, Season 6 - Voyage 1 is due out on May, 14th so unless that has change, this list has still yet to be updated.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Glad I can finally own Shiki.

It seemed to be the one Funimation title that I wanted that never went on sale (lower than ~30 each for both parts).
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:
Yey!

Shiki is finally going to be available for a reasonable price. Smile

TRSI had both editions for a great price during the holiday sale, but yes, this is certainly a good deal. As one of my favorite series that I've recently watched (and in general), I highly recommend anyone who was even remotely interested in this show to pick it up for this price.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Also those Rightstuf links are dead (with the exception of the Lain Link). They must have taken them down or something.

...and now they're back. Confused
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, seems a light month, nothing for me I don't think (I was one of ten people not overly wowed by Shiki, I was expecting far more from the author of Twelve Kingdoms)
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I picked up Shiki at just the right time. This is a pretty light month for Funi, eh?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:15 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Glad I can finally own Shiki.

It seemed to be the one Funimation title that I wanted that never went on sale (lower than ~30 each for both parts).

Yeah, it seemed like every other horror/action series went on sale except that one. It didn't keep me from looking though...

Quote:
TRSI had both editions for a great price during the holiday sale, but yes, this is certainly a good deal. As one of my favorite series that I've recently watched (and in general), I highly recommend anyone who was even remotely interested in this show to pick it up for this price.

50% percent off during the holiday sale was hardly a good deal when your competition was doing 65% {Got a lot of Sentai titles though}. The good news is that Funimation learned and their recent horror/action releases has been on sale for a great {an actual great} 69% off.

Blood C, Hellsing OVAs, Black Lagoon ... not Shiki of course but if it was Shiki, I would have bit. Bring on the Complete Collection...

Save edition? Are they even trying anymore? I don't who's more jaded anymore, me with the "I'll wait for the right version on some shows" mindset or them with the "Well, it's not going to sell anyway..." strategy.

Well, I'll preorder the Haganai Next LE set. That'll show 'em...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
FUNimation just announced some of their June releases: Code:Breaker, Red Data Girl, Date-A-Live, and Karneval.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3743&utm_medium=TwitterBlog&utm_campaign=Announcements&utm_source=DateALiveSOCIALMEDIA&utm_nooverride=1

Also, they confirmed on their Twitter account that all will be getting a dual-audio release.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/436882919471456256
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1