• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Utawarerumono (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pleroma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Except that in the game they were officially stated to be guys. And if I am not mistaken that scene with Oboro happened in the game as well.

Accept it, they have made us all gay now. No going back T.T
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote
They might as well take a hot bishoujo, and say that she's actually a guy, and that her breasts were a result of plastic surgery or something. Or they could also say that she's really 5 years old.
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmm....you dont think they changed the gender when they made the anime do you. would they? could they? hmmm...I guess I could accept Oboro as gay. For now at least. Wink
Pleroma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Dang, for those two, who wouldn't!
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
ya know, just because they were sleepin together dun mean they had sex rofl.

who knows, just because the twins are gay dun exactly mean that oboro's gay Razz
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
True enough.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, I'd beg to differ. They quite clearly took advantage of Oboro and had sex with him; they could not have been more obvious without actually showing or said it on screen (either of which would have been quite tacky imo, I think they handled it perfectly considering the style of the show). Of course you can always argue that they didn't, but that's borderline ignorant when there is so much innuendo.

Also, I don't know, or care, if they were guys in the game. I want them to be girls, they look just like stereotypical catgirls, act VERY much like obsessed teenaged girls, and then the twins get their idol (male) friend drunk and sleep in the same bed as him naked; unless they specifically say they're guys in the show, I'm going to assume they're just what they appear to be: girls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I agree selenta, true enough you could argue about it all day. I personally (as stated in previouse posts) think they are girls, no now that I really think about it they are girls, because the guys don't have tails so they would want to keep it consistant and not give boys tails.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
Stolen from somewhere else.

Quote:
They both are male. I already saw/read proof enough.

Of course, they both have tails, but aparently almost all the male characters of their race have tails too, not just the womens. Check for instance Episode 2, when they were reconstructing the altar.
Not only those with fluffy ears - like Eruruu, but those with elf-like ears like Oboro or Oyaji can have small tails, hidden inside the panties. Even Benawi has a tail, too.
Exaar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quote
I dunno. I don't recall any males of any species having tails. I could have just missed it, but I thought having a tail was a female thing in the show.

Even if the twins are male in the game, I think I'll consider them female until conclusive proof to the contrary is offered. It may be that they'll never say for sure, which is fine with me. Smile Things may have changed from the game, or they may not have.. I'll just pretend I don't know anything about the game and keep thinking of them as girls until the show actually says "They are guys!"

Not that I have any problem with characters being gay, I just find it more appealing personally to think of them as girls. Wink
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
Hmm...but Benawi's tail isn't as long or as fluffy. Of course I'm not sure what the gay people of there race do to....well attract other gays, they might fluff there tails. Neutral
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:11 am Reply with quote
I'll just say to refer to episode 6, they were definately treated as girls when the trader broke into the camp. It's actually very simple to change from one gender to another between the game and the anime, which is most likely the case here, especially since the gender isn't obvious. And yes, the female's tails tend to be longer and fluffier as well (circumsized tails on the guys???) so that's another hint at it. I just don't see too many guys playing with jewelry and not minding being reffered to as girls in that day and age [the trader wouldn't have put that much of an emphasis on the number of beautiful ladies in their presence had he only been talking about eruruu and aruruu (though he might have also been mistaken, which might or might not be the case)]. I therefore conclude that until they say they're guys, they're girls cause they're being treated as such (for the game they might've just said they're guys cause they had enough heroines for the story :O).
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:00 am Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
(circumsized tails on the guys???)

Good stuff. Anime catgrin

Obviously most of us are in agreement that they are girls until proven otherwise, but I know I for one was like a magnet to jewelry as a kid. I wasn't really into how 'pretty' they were or how they looked, and I sure never wore any, but I was fascinated by the gems. I still am. I guess that's just one of those things, and was probably the main reason as to why I've considered being a jeweler (it's kind of a passing fancy sort of thing Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop) for such a long time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
I like gems cause I like money. Very Happy
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I still think that they're boys.

1) "They are treated like girls and act like girls so they are" doesn't apply here. As for episode 6, the same scenes happened in the game. They tried on jewelry, were treated like girls, etc. In the game, spoiler[Hakuoro had also believed them to be girls until Oboro told him they were boys. Hakuoro was quite shocked, and er, got questioned about his sexuality later by Eruuruu. ]

2) Game-to-anime adaptations are faithful. Real faithful. From all the game-to-anime adaptations I have seen, they have kept almost everything consistent, and have rarely changed many things around, unless they actively explained it. From what I'v seen, most times you can assume that things will stay the same unless the anime takes active steps to change it around (i.e. dedicate a scene to confirm that they're girls, expand their chest size, etc.).

3) Their voices. Of course they do have high voices, but it sounds more like that of a young boy's rather than of a girl's.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5