• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z (PPGZ)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isoroku_Yamamoto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:23 am Reply with quote
Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z (PPGZ)

Calm down guys. I know what your feeling is.
This anime is based on PPG, but it looks like an original anime.
Do you have a comment? or no idea? Check the following links.

PPGZ Official Sites
@ Toei Animation
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/ppgz/
@ Aniplex
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/ppgz/

OP
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ra-ZdPQCTrQ&search=powerpuff%20girls%20z
Transformations
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f-Ws8NrgeOg&search=powerpuff%20girls%20z
Kidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quote
I was wondering when they would eventually make an anime version of PPG. The license must have cost a bomb. From teh youtube vids, it looks like a mahou-shoujo anime complete with long transformation scenes and theme music for each character. Cute character designs and very upbeat theme.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quote
Isoroku_Yamamoto wrote:
Calm down guys. I know what your feeling is.

Actually, most of the regulars here have probably gotten over whatever feeling there might be since it was announced more than a year ago.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote
Old news, but thanks for the vids.

Bubble's transformation was freaking hilarious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote
At the moment I'm using cellphone, so the videos will have to wait until I get home.

I'm waiting for the day Cartoon Network announces it will air the anime and then follow (or precede) it on the schedule with the original series. Anime and original within 60 minutes-- that would be great.

Of course, the best way to achieve this bloc would be to end Toonami with the anime and start Adult Swim with the original series. I could be wrong, and that's OK here.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Actually, most of the regulars here have probably gotten over whatever feeling there might be since it was announced more than a year ago.

And many of us spent the next few months wondering if it was an elaborate April Fool's Joke. ^^;

The animation looks very stylish and energetic, which I love, but I hope this show can retain the quirky humor and smart pacing of the original. After all, that (and the unique stylization--the clever use of limited animation combined with the thick outlines) is what made the original Powerpuff Girls so special.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DavidUm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote
whoa, now they are making an anime version?

actually the anime version is better because the USA one was retarded. no offence to powerpuff girls fans.
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
DavidUm wrote:
whoa, now they are making an anime version?

actually the anime version is better because the USA one was retarded. no offence to powerpuff girls fans.

Why do you say the original series was retarded? Is it because it isn't the anime version?

Just like anime isn't for everyone, the original PPG isn't for everyone. I'm a fan of the original series, but I'm not offended by your reaction. However, I just want to know why you found original PPG retarded.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
They look almost the same as their American counterparts, but this will be interesting to me to get a view of the Japanese perspective of Powerpuff Girls. I wonder if the villians will be the same too.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
They look almost the same as their American counterparts, but this will be interesting to me to get a view of the Japanese perspective of Powerpuff Girls. I wonder if the villians will be the same too.

The only villians I saw was a horribly Astro Boy-ish generic-lookin' Mojo Jojo. For that travesty PPGZ automatically fails. I mean how do you mess up the manical monkey Mojo Jojo? The Prince of primate, Mojo Jojo? The man who was the lynchpin of the Beat Alls, Mojo Jojo??
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:04 am Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
[The only villians I saw was a horribly Astro Boy-ish generic-lookin' Mojo Jojo. For that travesty PPGZ automatically fails. I mean how do you mess up the manical monkey Mojo Jojo? The Prince of primate, Mojo Jojo? The man who was the lynchpin of the Beat Alls, Mojo Jojo??

A good point.

This is my first time seeing any of the animation (saw the stills a year ago), and I really am kinda dissapointed. For as cute an unique as the original series was, this looks like your standard Magical Girl fare. I mean, you could confuse this for Mao-chan or something. I hope seeing an actual epsiode will reveal a good show.

(And I don't like those para-para-esque transformations at ALL. I'm sure there's some messed up person out there running that video in reverse so the girls look like they're stripping. Confused )
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote
I'm going to go a little off topic here but did anyone notice the brief appearance of Blossum in Excel Saga episode 14. You see Blossum in the background for a split second when Ropponmatsu 1 is defusing the bomb.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Personally I think both versions stink. PPG was a parody of Japanese anime, and mind you, it's utterly pointless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
TestamentSaki wrote:
Personally I think both versions stink. PPG was a parody of Japanese anime, and mind you, it's utterly pointless.

Other people here seemed to enjoy it, not to mention its popularity would also demonstrate that it was readily enjoyed by a large number of viewers. So if people watched the cartoon and enjoyed it then how does that make it pointless?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I like series which do have a well-written plot. I mean, the PPG fight 'just to save the world', but just that. No side stories, no other P.O.Vs... And I insist they were a badly made parody of Japanese anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3