• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best Worst Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
People complain a lot about bad anime, but does anyone like bad anime? I mean in a "so-bad-it's-good" MST3K way. I definitely do. Honestly I think the worst kind of anime is mediocre anime. But the really really awful stuff is, to me, awesome.

Stuff like Violence Jack, or the Devilman OVA from 2000. Pretty much anything Go Nagai made. I'm sure there are more anime like this.

So tell us about your favourite "so-bad-they're-good" anime. Mine is definitely Shin Getter Robo (Getter Robo: Armageddon). The show has such a random, nonsensical plot and is full of angry men screaming and cutting planets in half. What could be better?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quote
Hmm, yes, about a week ago one of my friends bought an anime that he thought looked "cool". He, my other friend, and I watched the movie A.LI.CE that he bought. Since he prefers dubs and it was his DVD, we watched it dubbed. One of the worst (and funniest) dubs I've ever heard. Both the voices and the timing and phrasing of the words were poorly done. But, we all got a good laugh from watching it. The computer animation was kind of primitive and the story was pretty cliched so that helped also. Too bad the credits for the English voice actors were absolutely no where to be found on the DVD (maybe for the best).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1