• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will there be a second season of Matantei Loki Ragnarok?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siamese927

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote
*Spoilers ahead*
I would like to know if there is anyone out there that knows if ADV is going to be producing more Matantei Loki Ragnarok. I have looked everywhere to find some clues, but my search has turned up nothing except that they may be making more manga, but I am not certain. The ending of the 26 episode was cute, but so much was left open! Who was the girl with purple hair? Was she Loki's wife or just some other god sent by Odin to kill Loki? Why did all of the Gods stay on earth? What kind of feelings does Loki have for Mayura? What happened to Hel? Will Loki ever stop Odin? These are just some of the things left open. I am one of those people that likes to have everything tie together, whether it be a happy or sad ending. So, if anyone can supply this information for me I would be so grateful!
Also, I would like to know just how many manga volumes there are for Loki? I've seen 7 volumes, but I am not entirely sure.
I'm just so confused about everything because there are no sites that give any information about this awesome Anime. Please help me if you know anything!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
At this point, I doubt it. Typically, anime series don't get sequals. The ones that do generally have the come out within a year of the end run of the first series. Sometimes there is a slightly longer delay (Mahoromatic being one IIRC, and the planned 2nd season of Genshiken) but it's still not as long a gap as it has been since Loki was on TV. Your best bet is to go to the manga. Unfortunately, there are a number of problems with that area altogether. There were two different series - Matantei Loki and Matantei Loki Ragnarok. The first one is unavailable in the US due to some questions as to who has the rights in Japan. The 2nd one was published by ADV manga, but I don't know if it was finished by them or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1