• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archaron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Did Full Metal Panic Fumoffu have any good extras on the regular version? I had only gotten the thin pack and have been meaning to ask.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Last episode, Sousuke pulls out "atari" from the box. That was so predictable, but it was hilarious nevertheless. I wonder why other comedy anime isn't as funny when something just as predictable happens. I guess it's the charm of the whole FMP series. Now I have to watch the entire series again, and it'll be my fourth time...

/And I'd still laugh myself to tears. T.T
riccardo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Fumoffu! was hilarious, there were a few slapstick-y humour moments in the first series (and virtually none in TSR) but the departure from a very series, mecha/millitary story (which in places I found dul,, I'll admit) to this off the wall zany comedy was a stroke of genius.

Chris Patton and Luci Christian do a fantastic job as Souske and Chidore and there is a strong supporting cast as well, particularly Chris Ayers as class president Atsunobu, with his bizzare taste in books and oddly pertinent worded fans.

One of my guilty pleasure series, its my aim in future to drag it out when I've had a bad week and need a laugh!
urzu_7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quote
archaron wrote:
Did Full Metal Panic Fumoffu have any good extras on the regular version? I had only gotten the thin pack and have been meaning to ask.

just concept drawings, clean opening and ending themes and trailers I think
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I have the individual discs. They come with, among others, a FMPF calendar, Where's Bonta-kun game, production artwork, and liner notes about FMPF... there's a bit more I think, but that's what I can remember. I'll have to look at the DVDs again.

You can get the individual DVDs at Rightstuf for the same price you'd pay for the thinpak.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:33 am Reply with quote
Definitely the best series of all four available by now.

No serious military action, shown in a stupid way.

Cute characters, lots of funny moments. The only "slice of life" genre I can bear.

Deserves "Excellent" rating.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5