• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I noticed you guys had Pizza Hut during the launch event. Now you're making me hungry.
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:

Whoever thought spinning the camera around and stuff at the beginning of the episode should be dragged out and kicked in the shin. I now have a fierce headache and feel slightly nauseated.

Seemed like a decent sized crowd. It would have been cooler if there were more people, but then again that would have been more hassle for the people who went.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I think they may have been trying to avoid getting clear shots of faces while still showing the size of the line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I think they may have been trying to avoid getting clear shots of faces while still showing the size of the line.

Except they were doing similar things in the merchandise area before the people were in. Besides, that's what recording shoes are for.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
They came out with this, and wow, do I look horrible on camera. I'm not going to point myself out, but I can only hope they don't include this footage in the DVD releases like they have some of ASOS brigade episodes so far. Then my fugliness will be permanantly engraved fovever on the official US DVDs. Anime cry Wow, I'm going on a diet now. Seriously, I am.
They can't, can they? Wouldn't it be illegal? In Japan it'd probably be illegal, you'd have to have your face blocked out or something, if they didn't get your permission and you were in the vid. In the USA I dunno, but it should be illegal too in my opinion. (of course, the ASOS brigades are pretty unprofessional and nothing they do would surprise me)
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget to preorder disk two. I still need to.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
They can't, can they? Wouldn't it be illegal?

Yes, it would be. Which is why everybody at the event was required to sign a release form.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I noticed you guys had Pizza Hut during the launch event. Now you're making me hungry.

I wonder if they were hinting at any future acquisitions with those Pizza Hut pizzas. Twisted Evil
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, and sorry. It seemed I annoyed you with that question.

I'm obsessive-compulsive so everything HAS to be in order for me. Sad
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, that question has been asked dozens of times since its been announced, after Bandai explained it on their website and the announcement on this site as well as AoD. You must be at least the 4th person to ask that question just in the last 10 pages of discussion on this thread.

It's a question that keeps coming up over and over, so it just gets tiring after a while.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Now you've made me really curious where you are in there. Twisted Evil

I got more screen time on that than I would have liked. The shirt I wore really makes me look fat... I like this picture of me better. I actually have a better one but I'm too lazy to upload it right now. I was the one who was looking at the camera pretty much all the time in the background... What? I went alone. I had nothing better to do than to look at what the heck they were filming. And ya, I have no expression... That is how I always look. Deep down I am quite tsundere though.

dormcat wrote:
That's it? The line was much shorter than I expected, just about a hundred people or so.

There was actually more people there than I expected. It is nowhere near as popular as it is in Japan. I would expect more people to attend a Hellsing DVD release event than a Haruhi one.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:

dormcat wrote:
That's it? The line was much shorter than I expected, just about a hundred people or so.

There was actually more people there than I expected. It is nowhere near as popular as it is in Japan. I would expect more people to attend a Hellsing DVD release event than a Haruhi one.

I'm actually under the impression that, by US standards...

This was actually a pretty impressive turn out...

Also... you were the guy staring at the camera behind Eric Sherman?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:31 am Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Also... you were the guy staring at the camera behind Eric Sherman?

Yes.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
Cool, maybe you'll make it onto the DVD...

You shouldn't worry about how you looked...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Now you've made me really curious where you are in there. Twisted Evil

I got more screen time on that than I would have liked. The shirt I wore really makes me look fat... I like this picture of me better. I actually have a better one but I'm too lazy to upload it right now. I was the one who was looking at the camera pretty much all the time in the background... What? I went alone. I had nothing better to do than to look at what the heck they were filming. And ya, I have no expression... That is how I always look. Deep down I am quite tsundere though.

Aha, I was right. I had suspected that was you.

So, did you get a nice view of Particia Lee and the other girls doing the dance?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 120 of 213