• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone could pls introduce some cute anime here?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariochua

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote
Hi all! I am a fan of cute anime such as mirumo and animal yokocho etc. Can u all introduce me to more cute anime? Post them here ^^
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote
I'd highly recommend A Little Snow Fairy Sugar and Cardcaptor Sakura. Some people might find the former to be a little bit too cute and the title character, Sugar, to be annoying so I feel the latter is probably a better general recommendation. Both rank as some of my very favorite anime but I would say I enjoyed Cardcaptor Sakura a bit better because of the superior characters and character development. Sugar, which I at first thought was going to be mostly cutesy fluff, also surprised me with the amount of depth it had and I feel the story is a bit better. They're both very "happy" series for the most part and almost never fail to put me in a good mood at the end of an episode. There are also a few sad scenes too Crying or Very sad.

Also, I'd recommend Bottle Fairy. I like it but it's pretty much all cutesy fluff that you might have to turn off your brain to enjoy. It's a fun show that requires almost no thought so it's very relaxing to watch.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
Typically I'm not one for cute anime, but for some reason I really enjoy DiGi Charat. If you're into cute you might like Panyo Panyo DiGi Charat (I didn't care too much for this one) and I have yet to see DiGi Charat Nyo. Anyway the story is rather simple, it's about two little cat girls from the planet DiGi Charat who work in a video game store. The main character Dejiko wants to be an pop idol but hey ya gotta pay the bills somehow. So anyway it's just about them and a few other characters and all of the wild antics that occur while they're on the job. Odd sense of humor, but I enjoyed it (and it fills the cute factor).
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Aside from the ones mentioned, I'd recommend Aishiteru ze Baby, about a high school guy who takes care of a 5-year-old girl after her mother abandons her. Very cute, but quite sad as well, lots of crying (inside the show, perhaps from viewers as well). Ultra Maniac is a very cute Magical Girl show that mainly focuses on friendships and crushes on boys, with a magical backstory and magic hijinks throughout the series. The facial expressions in UM go all out. Azumanga Daioh is another good choice, mainly because it has a ten-year-old girl in high school, although the other girls are cute as well. Finally, there's Angelic Layer; although it's classified as a shounen fighting tournament anime, the main character is cute in the CLAMP tradition of Sakura from CCS, and it's about dolls ("Angels") and a bit of relationship drama.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote
You can't go wrong with Ichigo Mashimaro (Strawberry Marshmallow) if you like pointless-but-cute slice-of-life with a group of cute 12-year old girls going about their daily afterschool activities in cute ways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daxomni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I suppose I'd suggest Mao-Chan, which tells a cute little story about how Japan is just one bruised knee away from total destruction at any given moment. Ha. Okay, not really, but it's kind of like that. Even your average house cat can apparently rock Japan's defense forces if it gets frisky enough.

Little girls with tanks?!

With volume titles like "Let's Defend Happiness!" you know it's going to be uber-cute, but it's also got surprisingly addictive opening and closing songs and it does an excellent job of making fun of anime and Japan, depending on how you look at it. I enjoyed Mao-Chan despite the fact that series like Sugar sometimes make me gag on their overt cutesiness.

That's a toy jet next to her.

I usually start off any Mao-Chan session with a few runs of the opening song before I let the first episode play. Heck, it's already playing in my head as I type this! One of these days I'm going to rip the song into an mp3 so I can zap it to my mobile and let it bug the crap out of everyone else.

Cuteness overload!

fighterholic wrote:
Is Mao-chan by Ken Akamatsu?

According to the information contained right here in the Anime Encyclopedia (<== over there on the lefthand column), Ken Akamatsu created the original concept.

Director: Yoshiaki Iwasaki
Screenplay: Yousuke Kuroda
Storyboard: Hideaki Oniwa
Music: Takayuki Hattori
Original Concept: Ken Akamatsu
Character Design: Masahide Yanagisawa
Art director: Chitose Asakura
Animation director: Yoshio Suzuki
Art design: Junko Nagasawa
Color design: Mitsuko Sekimoto
Series Organization: Yousuke Kuroda
Sound director: Hiromi Kikuta

Theme Song Composition:
Chika Itô (OP)
Yuki Matsuura (ED)

Theme Song Lyrics:
Chika Itô (OP)
Yuki Matsuura (ED)

Theme Song Performance: Yui Horie (OP/ED)

Last edited by daxomni on Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Is Mao-chan by Ken Akamatsu?
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
Gunslinger Girl has some of the cutest little cyborg girls that you just want to squeeze their cheeks.... right before they blow your head off. Twisted Evil
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote
DigiCharot - I can normaly take so much of this show before my brain melts. But it's rather cute.

Galaxy Frauline Yuna - Intergalactic Cooking Contests, Making Freinds, Rescueing Puppies and Saving the Universe...... it's all in a days work for Yuna.
x_silversurfer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:47 am Reply with quote
If you don't want to go too cute, and keep it a little adult (meaning they are in/post high school) try Love Hina. That TV show is a personal favorite of mine. It follows this boy who becomes the manager of this dorm/hotel/hot springs while he is trying to get into Todai (Tokyo University). Little does he know that it is a "Female only" kinda place.
With an outrageous first episode that continues on in the Love Hina misadventures, you learn of the characters' hopes and dreams. It is mainly considered a romantic comedy, but it is a pretty big chick flick and at times, pretty darn cute. 5/5 stars!

Khrim

Last edited by x_silversurfer on Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mariochua

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:13 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the anime u gave me. Anyway,is there anymore cute anime that is regarding little creatures? Something like mirumo or animal yokocho will be good,but dun introduce me to hamtaro Anime hyper. And anyway,pls add more of cute anime,and funny ones like crayon shinchan lol. I just love cute and funny anime,i dunno why lol. ^^
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:55 am Reply with quote
mariochua wrote:
Anyway,is there anymore cute anime that is regarding little creatures? Something like mirumo or animal yokocho will be good,but dun introduce me to hamtaro Anime hyper.

Guys, can't you see that mariochua was looking for non-humanoid cute characters? Here are some lesser-known titles featuring cute fantasy animals:

First, I couldn't believe that no one had mentioned Hello Kitty (and its related titles), one of the most famous cat on Earth. Sanrio is an expert of making "cute" characters. Most of its titles, including the newest Onegai My Melody, fit your criteria.

Moomin and its sequels / remakes were adapted from a famous Finnish story.

I know Shima Shima Tora no Shimajirou because one famous preschool in Taiwan licensed their merchandise and use it on their textbooks. As you can see, they are pretty standard cute animals.

Kogepan was extremely popular couple years ago, for it reflected the hardship those "losers" had endured: it was not even their fault, but due to many circumstances they couldn't meet the social standard of being "successful."

Finally, Kingyo Chuuihou! was an older title with lots of whaky animals. I've only watched a few episodes over a decade ago, so I'm afraid that I can't provide more detailed information.

mariochua wrote:
And anyway,pls add more of cute anime,and funny ones like crayon shinchan lol. I just love cute and funny anime,i dunno why lol. ^^

Please stop overusing so many "lol" and try to fix your spelling and grammar. Otherwise, you'll found yourself losing them really fast. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mariochua

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:12 am Reply with quote
Haha lol. Thanks for the new cute animal anime u introduced me to. This time,i want some cute anime regarding sci-fi. I know one of them is Daa Daa Daa,one of my favourites. Is there any more cute sci-fi anime to introduce me to? ^^ If not,introduce me to more cute anime regarding fairies. I love fairy anime ^^
daxomni

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
mariochua wrote:
Anyway,is there anymore cute anime that is regarding little creatures? Something like mirumo or animal yokocho will be good,but dun introduce me to hamtaro Anime hyper.

Guys, can't you see that mariochua was looking for non-humanoid cute characters?

Hold on there a second. You're quoting the post right above yours and below the rest of ours?

This was the original post that I was replying to:

mariochua wrote:
Hi all! I am a fan of cute anime such as mirumo and animal yokocho etc. Can u all introduce me to more cute anime? Post them here ^^

I didn't know what mirumo and animal yokocho were so I simply focused on the "cute anime" part and went with what I did know. I think some of the other folks were on the same page I was; we simply didn't realize that the original request was for animal-specific anime.

Other than that, thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know about many of those.

mariochua wrote:
This time,i want some cute anime regarding sci-fi.

I've always associated sci-fi anime with anything but "cute". Maybe this is at least partially a result of my very early introduction to the surprisingly harsh and gritty world of Galaxy Express 999, but much of the sci-fi anime I've seen since has also typically ranged from mildly dark to completely tragic.

mariochua wrote:
If not,introduce me to more cute anime regarding fairies. I love fairy anime ^^

Cute fairies? Now you're talking. However, I don't know much about fairy anime titles personally. I'm a grown man and here in the US we don't generally gravitate toward super-cutesy anime. I mean, most conventional anime is already more than "cute" enough for my tastes.

My experience with especially cute anime is limited to a few titles that a coworker passed my way so I could return them to a store near my house that just happened to specialize in anime rentals. If I had time I'd often pop them into my laptop to see what they were about. Usually I'd lose interest long before I could finish anything, but occasionally I would make it through a few episodes or even a whole volume or two if I was bored and had to wait for my carpool to leave or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2