• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: C Anime Holds Web Audition for 1 Word in Dialogue

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I would really like to participate but it sounds like it is for Japan only. I would do a Japanese audition but there would be no way to go to Tokyo so suddenly if I did win (yeah right) Anime hyper. Maybe I should try for the fun of it.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I wish R1 studios would so this. I'd totally love to be monster 3 or little boy 2 in a dub. And since studios have precedent of using skype to do certain lines, we wouldn't have to fly to Texas or LA to record it.

I'd also totally credit myself as King of Harts so the whole interwebz would know my name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 pm Reply with quote
This is both cool and extremely underwhelming. Not even a full sentence? I do agree that it would be fun for R1 companies to do this kind of thing though.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to participate, but only if the word was "fluffernutter".
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 pm Reply with quote
This is a neat trifle of an idea. I'm sure that any given American company could gin a teacup or two of excitement up by imitating it.

Shenl742 wrote:
I'd like to participate, but only if the word was "fluffernutter".

I would have to insist upon the technical name of titin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yoda117

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I wish R1 studios would so this. I'd totally love to be monster 3 or little boy 2 in a dub. And since studios have precedent of using skype to do certain lines, we wouldn't have to fly to Texas or LA to record it.

I'd also totally credit myself as King of Harts so the whole interwebz would know my name.

So the fact that they do this at AX almost every year and at AB for the past several years didn't count?

It was also an event at the Big Apple Anime Fest back when that was around.

On the East Coast, it was usually run by Tom Wayland, though other groups have done so as well (IIRC, at AB a similar event was run by MECHA Software).

On the West Coast (at AX, at least) I think the events were run by BangZoom! Entertainment.

The contests were usually called "Anime Idol".

FWIW: unless a studio knows that you can do it (i.e., they've worked with you in the past, and they know you've got a decent setup at home), you pretty much have to be at the studio. Yep, even for roles as an extra.

I've seen and done sessions using Skype in the same fashion as I'd use a phone patch, but I wouldn't record those sessions directly from Skype unless it's for a podcast. The quality just isn't there (or at least it wasn't the last time I checked; still haven't had a session recorded via Skype as of yet).

Now SourceConnect... that's a different animal (and offers about the same quality as an ISDN session).

Regardless of the Skype/SC interface, you'd better have a decent setup and a good recording environment if you want to record away from the studio. Even then, most places will insist that you be on-site (especially if there's ADR involved).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1