• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Spring 2011 Anime I'll Watch Until the End

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote
Shocker....top 10 shows all contain cute girls with big eyes. Without rambling on about the darkside of moe shows, this is why we are getting tons of new moe shows a season and not great anime titles like, Tiger & Bunny or standard shonen fare like Blue Exorcist and Toriko. Maybe the upcoming Summer and Fall season will show us new exciting titles. Anybody aware of anything non-Moe that is going to begin broadcasting in the next season or two?

Moe is not why I got into Anime, but apparently it's not going anywhere, anytime soon. For now, I will watch the simulcast's of the non-moe shows and buy the Blu-Ray/DVD and manga to support the artists and the art of Anime/Manga.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:27 am Reply with quote
I think the picture for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is actually the one for Softenni....
egoist

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
Happy Kappy received no votes? My god. Tasteless people.

I'm surprised so many people picked Gintama. I mean, how long till the next break? 4 years?

Last edited by egoist on Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Stretch24

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
What's popular isn't necessarily what's good, and what's good isn't necessarily what's popular.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
Tiger & Bunny is not moe to me, but then again I guess we all have different opinions of moe shows. I see nothing wrong with them if you enjoy those type of shows.

I started watching ten shows this season and dropped five so far. Tiger & Bunny did nothing for me. Softenni wasn't good so I gave up, The 30 show I got 6 minutes in and said no more. Dog days got dumped since I had no interest after the first episode. Hen Zemi just wasn't good at all. Battle Girls was not good from what little I saw.

What I am going to finish this to the end this season:

Nichijou (tied as my front running favorite show of the season)
A Channel (like K-On! without the music)
Astarotte's Toy (another one of my favorites)
Sket Dance (tied with Nichijou)
Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (I do like this one even if others think it's crap)

Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
I think the picture for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is actually the one for Softenni....

It is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quote
Tiger & Bunny has a tsundere, a gay, a loli and a ton of yaoi bait.
And it's awesome. But yeah, that a very good list. Wished Tiger & Bunny was higher, but all those shows are good shows. Hana-Saku Iroha is the big surprise of the season for me, because it started like a standard j-drama.
Tu101uk

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
Shocker....top 10 shows all contain cute girls with big eyes. Without rambling on about the darkside of moe shows, this is why we are getting tons of new moe shows a season and not great anime titles like, Tiger & Bunny or standard shonen fare like Blue Exorcist and Toriko. Maybe the upcoming Summer and Fall season will show us new exciting titles. Anybody aware of anything non-Moe that is going to begin broadcasting in the next season or two?

Moe is not why I got into Anime, but apparently it's not going anywhere, anytime soon. For now, I will watch the simulcast's of the non-moe shows and buy the Blu-Ray/DVD and manga to support the artists and the art of Anime/Manga.

I would like to point out that AnoHana is almost moe-free (Menma notwithstanding) and a well-written drama series (so far anyways), whereas HanaIro has been a popular coming-of-age series this season. Both have filled in gaps where we haven't seen too many well-written dramas as of late. And I don't think you could paint Tiger & Bunny and Steins Gate with the same brush either.

Unfortunately, I can't really say the same thing about Dog Days, Nichijou (though there is wacky humour mixed in), A-Channel, Aria, Denpa Onna (though there is quirky humour mixed in) or KamiNomi2, but you get my point. XD We just have to savour what we have at the moment, methinks... ^_^;;;

We shouldn't get too bogged down with things like this. All shows have their fans and, at the end of the day, their DVD and BluRay sales (as well as merchandising) will keep their respective studios going. It can only be a good thing, especially at this point in time where Japan's economy is at such a low point.

O-O~
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
Shocker....top 10 shows all contain cute girls with big eyes.

#7 is Tiger and Bunny and 10 is Steins;Gate hello? Or did you not read the chart well enough?

And Hanasaku Iroha, Nichijou and AnoHana are very good shows that I think you're just judging from the poster and didn't actually watch.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote
Tu101uk wrote:
Toriko36 wrote:

I would like to point out that AnoHana is almost moe-free (Menma notwithstanding) and a well-written drama series (so far anyways), whereas HanaIro has been a popular coming-of-age series this season.

Hear, hear. Really hoping neither of these takes a dive into the overly sappy.

As for upcoming seasons, Toriko36: Summer's looking decidedly awful, to the point where I may be watching zero series from it. Autumn is when the amazing stuff starts airing.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
I guess shounen is out and Moeblobs are in. Sad to see IMO because I enjoy shounen a bit more. I like Moeblobs for the cute artwork but I find very few that actually have a good story.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
Nothing in this season is going anywhere except of Anohana, steins;gate and C.........whats the point of watching slice of life shows honestly?
egoist

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
... whats the point of watching slice of life shows honestly?

What's the point in wasting your limited life in anime honestly?
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:43 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
... whats the point of watching slice of life shows honestly?

What's the point in wasting your limited life in anime honestly?

What's the point of this forum, honestly?
Scormio

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
Only top 10 show I continued past 1 episode was A Channel...guess I don't like popular (according to Biglobe) shows.

Also, some of those aren't running shows, there OVAs. Case in point, Kampfer fur die Liebe, which you can't finish anyway unless you buy the physical release.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
Also, some of those aren't running shows, there OVAs. Case in point, Kampfer fur die Liebe, which you can't finish anyway unless you buy the physical release.

Don't forget about rentals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3