• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Opening and Ending Theme Songs?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonDragonJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quote
Almost all anime series that premiere on television have a theme song played during their opening and ending credits. As with the anime series themselves, audiences may have preferences. This thread is where people can discuss their favorite (and least favorite) opening and ending anime theme songs.

My favorite opening theme song currently is Ichirin no Hana by The High and Mighty Color, the third opening theme song of Bleach. My favorite ending theme song is currently Life by Yui, the fifth ending theme song of Bleach.

Other songs that I am also fond of are the opening and ending theme songs of Scrapped Princess, the first opening theme song of Full Metal Alchemist, and the second opening theme song of Bleach.

My least favorite opening theme songs are the opening themes from the English versions of Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, and Sailor Moon.

What are everyone else's favorite (and least favorite) opening and ending theme songs? I look forward to your feedback.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
Angelcake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quote
My absolute alltime FAVORITES are the opening and ending themes to Go Nagai's The Devil Lady.

The begining theme, with its operatic flourishes and gothic excesses, set the mood for this apocalyptic series.

But the ending theme......dear god, the ending theme is HEAVEN! Not to mention ridiculously addictive. I found myself watching the clean-closing on my Devil Lady DVD several times, JUST to listen to the theme!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:

Yeah... for those who didn't know, there's already a thread for this topic, and quite an extensive one too. Please use it. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1