• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Just Finished CCS and I need some help

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AzN_dT_StReEt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey all sooo yea like the title says I just finished up watching Cardcaptor Sakura and dear God what an amazing anime. To be completely honest about a month ago I absolutely had no intention whatsoever of watching it. First time seeing it was a while back on WB, looked cool and all but the story seemed kinda outta wack (didn't know at the time that Nelvana completely crapped it up) sooo I kinda gave up on it. Well years later (3 weeks ago, but like yeaa years from giving up on it) Sooo I'm searchin' the web and bam, there it is, info on CCS and a whole lotta negative feedback on the dubbed version which aired on WB. Got me thinkin' so I decided to ask the users of the ANN forums on the differences between the dubbed version and the original. Well thanks to their input I found out there were A LOT of differences, the dubbed version simply sucked. So I was like alright let's give it another chance, went out, bought the volumes and yeaaa great anime, one of my favorites! Alright sooo I've been rambling quite a bit sooo onto the "I need some help" part. Very Happy

CCS and Escaflowne are the two only anime that I've seen with really good romance subplots, seen a few that have the romance thing goin' but like yeaa, almost seems like those shows wouldn't be all that different without'em. Soooo I was wondering if you people could help me in my search to find an anime show with a solid romantic subplot. Like CCS had its "card of the day" thing goin' but it also managed a solid dose of romance to balance things out. Sooo yea please help me out and sorry for the length of this entry. Laughing
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
Like CCS, Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres are well-known shoujo manga, though they are by Watase Yuu, not CLAMP. Both of them are action/fantasy shows (FY in a pseudo-ancient-Chinese setting, Ceres in a modern Japanese setting), but they have plenty of romance in store for their heroines, enough that the show wouldn't be the same without it.

I'm a bit confused--do you want shows with romance as an important, but secondary plot, or shows that are mainly about romance? Another different sort of series that you could check out is Full Metal Panic! and its sequel series, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. Full Metal Panic is mainly a mecha/action series, with guns, explosions, and giant robots, but a very important part of it is the odd relationship between military nut Sagara Sousuke and StandardAnimeViolentGirl#2331 Chidori Kaname, whom he is charged with protecting. The series are filled with sometimes subtle, sometimes blatant romantic tension between the two, although spoiler[nothing is really finalized or "consummated" between the two, not even a kiss] by the end of TSR.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1