• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver_omicron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I know they are both the theatrical releases of Evangelion: they are the alternative endings. I'm just very confused as to what they are. As my understanding goes, Death is a recap of the series, while Rebirth is one alternate ending. And EoE is a whole other ending: making for three. The series, Rebirth, and EoE, correct?

Also, would you reccomend buying the box set of both or each individually?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Death is a recap of the series, which uses footage from the then as yet unreleased director's cut episodes from the series. Rebirth is the first third of EoE. EoE could not be completed in time for a stand-alone release, so Rebirth was added to the end of Death to buy time for EoE. EoE is Rebirth plus the last 2/3 of the alternate ending. So there is only 1 alternate ending.

If you are planning on getting D&R as well as EoE you might as well get the box.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1