• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in genral...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I have been watching anime for a while now. Even though I have grown tired of it i still watch it.

Do you belive that anime has a leson in it? not just good and right always wins. Something deeper.

Wwhen i watch an anime, I walk away having learned somethin. It is mostly about the Japaneese tradtions and life style, but i gained a greater knowlage from it.

HAve you ever watched an anime and not learnd something?

I look atanime as an insite into another clutures customs and belifs. Therefore when i watch an anime i notice the difference between eastern and western lifesyles. that is what I mostly pay attention to. Do you do thte same?

Prehaps I am the only one who dose this. Yet, I feel it can help us understand their world, in a small way, and prehaps gain a respect for their life style.

Do you think that anime is differnt the Hollywood movies?
Is there a difference in the life stlye, and if you think there is, is it portraide in these shows?
Do you want to learn more about that life style, or do you just agknowlavge thaht is i s there?
If you do have knowlage of their troditions, do you find more humor in these shows them you would if you didn't know, about their troditions?

As a western raised person, I have greaet respect for the life style that i see portried in these show.

Is this the REAL life style of japan ( mostly in previous time, befor japan became what it is today), and the beliefs they have?
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Jeff Foxworthy wrote:
If an episode of Walker Texas Ranger ever saved your life.........youuuuu mayyyyyy beeeee aaaa REDneck

But all jokes aside after watching Witch Hunter Robin it kinda made me think more about judging other people and segregation and stuff because she was hunting witches and demons and stuff while she was a witch herself you know. Princess Mononoko defintely had a peace/anti-war message in it if nothing else. I guesss some anime (WHR and PM anyway) are made with a specific message in it or whatever. So I guess your half right.
Jake3DTrains

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't consider all anime as thought-provoking and superior to Hollywood movies; there are many anime out there which are pretty damn useless too, methinks. I haven't seen too many anime, though, that actually changed the way I thought, or something. Sure, many of them do emphasize relationships between characters and humanity within others, but they do not necessarily contribute to the actual theme of the anime at hand or even give the viewer reason to remember the series as a whole rather than small, certain aspects.

And no, anime doesn't necessarily reflect actual lifestyle in Japan. Of course, like traditional, newspaper cartoons, however, it can reflect subtle opinions, akin to satire or otherwise. Then again, I only know this because anime is fiction and obviously has to take liberties in order for its story to work out, for the most part. I don't consider myself knowledgable on their culture, really, even a bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1